Take inspiration from these silver hair ideas taking the fashion world by storm. Silver hair (or Granny hair) has stolen a ton of hearts this year. Not only is it edgy and stylish but it also takes a lot of courage to rock. Celebrities like Rihanna, Cara Delevingne, and Kylie Jenner all joined the silver hair club this year, it makes us want to try out this trend. Here are some silver hair ideas to really make a statement!
Silver Hair Color Ideas You Will Want to Sport!
- HEALTHY BEAUTIFUL HAIR: Sparks conditions as it colors, leaving the hair healthier looking than ever before. You get the color that you want with hair that you'll love. It's long lasting bright hair color that stays bold and fun for as long as you need it.
- ENDLESS COLOR CREATIVITY: Sparks Hair Color is designed to be able to be mixed with other Sparks Colors. You can create all kinds of new colors with the 19 different shades, plus a crystal clear that can give you different levels of pastel on any color!
- BE BRIGHT, BE BOLD: Find the silver lining in one of our newest colors yet! Starbright Silver is a highly dimensional, lavender-toned silver that's great for all over color or added for a peekaboo effect with any SPARKS vibrant shades. For best results, apply to hair that has been pre-lightened to a level 10 blonde. In simplier terms: the hair should be a really pale yellow color. For maximum color vibrancy and durability, pre-lighten hair with SPARKS HIDRACOLOR Powder Lightener and Creme Developer.
- SUPER EASY AND CONVENIENT: Sparks hair color is very simple to apply. There is no activator or developer needed. It is deposit only hair color. The added conditioning even makes it easier to maintain and keep healthy, bright, and beautiful.
- SPARKS ENCOMPASSES LOVE AND COLOR: To capture your personality through creative color designs, our SPARKS Bright Haircolor has become the leader in creative hair color, with long lasting results. SPARKS HIDRACOLOR is our most recent launch, a long lasting, exceptional gray coverage, permanent or demi-permanent hair color.
1. Purple Streaks
One reason you should try this look is that it gives you an excuse to color your hair again. Silver surprisingly works great with black roots. Add a bit of purple to create a crazy beautiful illusion to your style.
2. Bold Silver
Calling all ladies who love black, we have some great news for you! Bright, bold silver pairs perfectly with all things black − black makeup, black nails, etc. with enough glam but not too gothic.
3. Dark Grey on Short Hair
- - 100% brand new.
- - Type: Creams, Gels & Lotions
- - Net Weight: 100ml
- - It contains an innovative component which protects and provides glamour colour to hair as desired.
- - Please read the instructions before using so that you achieve the best colour result, wear plastic gloves and a cape to avoid any stains long before colouring hair should be clean and dry, lighter hair colour always takes colour better whilst dark hair needs bleaching first, take an allergy test 24 hours before using, avoid using conditioner or oil before colouring.
4. Silver Hair Ombre
Ombre isn’t all about brunettes and blondes. Style up your hair with silver ombre hues, too!
5. Full Hair Dye
A full head of silver hair looks stunning as well! Look at those streaks of blue and purple! While a salon can take care of your hair, it pays to know you need a purple toner when coloring in gray, especially if you are to DIY. It will counteract the yellow undertones of your blond hair.
6. Dove Dip-Dye
Don’t want to let go of all your dark roots? Simple, a silver hair dye dip does the trick. We understand you want to look whimsical but not over the top and we’re giving you the thumbs up!
7. Black Silver Hair Highlights
If you want to be more creative but like to take it low-key, bleach your hair all the way through and add black highlights. It makes up for a trendier and cooler you!
8. Icy Silver Hair
This icy hair color embodies the pure beauty of having silver hair. Make sure to pick the right shade of gray for your skin type. For fair skin, it’s best to pick darker shades of gray so you don’t look pale or washed out.
- 24 DYEING COLORS FOR MOTHER'S DAY GIFT: 24 bright colors to choose. Individually color or mix them to dye hair, making your hair prettier and more fashionable. And also the best choice for your mother's day gift.
- WIDE APPLICATION: An ideal temporary makeup for little girls, kids and adults. Suitable for some special occasions like parties, cosplay shows, entertainment activities, etc.
- SAFE TO USE: Nontoxic, non-allergenic and environmental-friendly hair chalks are 100% safe to use. Titivate the hair without damaging hair quality, fit for all kinds of hairs.
- EASY TO WASH & DYE: Temporary hair chalks are made of water-soluble materials. Simple to dye and easy to wash colors off with shampoo and water.
- RISK-FREE WARRANTY: One year warranty for a new replacement or refund to ensure 100% risk-free purchase. Please contact us if you are unhappy with our products or meet any questions.
9. Silver Hair and Tan Skin
Anyone can pull off silver hair, even those with extremely tan skin. Darker skin allows the silver glow to really pop. It’s a charming contrast which reminds us of feisty Storm from X-Men.
10. Lavender Hair
Do you have gold or yellow tones to your hair? Cover it with lavender to achieve a shining shimmering silver hair color!
Watch this video by Tasha Leelyn and learn how to dye-it-yourself your hair in silver:
Silver hair is definitely one of the hairstyles you need to try. It isn’t only fun to doll up your hair with tons of different colors and styles, it also gives you a pretty vibrant personality. Give silver hair a try next and enjoy the attention. You can also look at this incredible silver hair color images for more inspiration!
We pick number 6 as our favorite, what’s yours? Let us know in the comments section below!
Check out our new store Scrumptious for makeup products, clothes, accessories, and more!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on March 19, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy!