It used to be that colored eyeliner looks can only be seen on the runway. However, as self-expression and social media would have it you can wear it anywhere now. A number of different brands have even created their core collection out of colored eyeliners and who’s complaining? No one is because we are all for it.
Eyeliners are great because they can easily create a complete look even without a full face of makeup. Now, with the surge of colored eyeliners on the market it’s easier more than ever to create a statement look without having to do a beat face.
I understand with all the choices you are faced with, it can get a little overwhelming. So, if you are at a loss for which colored eyeliner to wear, check out the list below.
Colored Eyeliner Looks for Different Moods
1. Berry Brown Eyeliner
Let’s start with a subtle hint of berry brown shade. This beautiful Pillowtalk shade from Charlotte Tilbury beautifully adds a feminine depth to your eyes. It’s highly wearable and suits a number of occasions from office lunches to party out with friends.
2. Yellow Eyeliner[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6He-BIkwS/ hidecaption=true width=800] Bring in the sunshine on an otherwise drab day by putting on a bright yellow eyeliner. What a perfect pick me up if you’re feeling the blues.
3. Blue Eyeliner
When it comes to colorful eyeliner looks, the blue eyeliner will always be present. Blue on the eyes has always made eye color pop no matter what color you have.
A nice, bright, warm blue will also be widely complementary to a lot of skin tones. Definitely one to get for starters.
4. Red Eyeliner
@_bamivRed ❤️##eyeliner ##parati ##makeup ##redeyeliner ##viral ##views ##magic ##chile♬ Say So by Doja Cat – rapidsongs
For a bolder look, red eyeliner is a good color to use. It screams femme fatale without the starkness of black but is sexy enough to make heads turn.
5. Purple Eyeliner[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9W9Ri0pczw/ hidecaption=true width=800] Purple is such an edgy color to use especially on the eyes. Put this on and you will have a statement look even without foundation on. Of course, it will be even better with a bit of base for a little bit of coverage, but it all depends on your preference.
6. Orange Eyeliner
Even though we generally associate the orange color with the summer season, you can take an orange liner and use it all year long. Create more muted looks by using it lightly on the lids like a simple flick for fall and winter, or you can create bolder, graphic looks for summer and spring!
7. Electric Pink Eyeliner
@cosmopolitan🌺 ELECTRIC PINK ENERGY 🌺 by @addie.thomp ##eyeliner ##makeup ##makeuptutorial ##mua ##beauty ##beautyroutine ##eyes ##tiktokdiy ##eyeshadow ##foryoupage ##fyp♬ Yummy – Justin Bieber
Of course, we can’t leave out the pink eyeliner look from this list. It will be incomplete without it. Pair it with a black eyeliner for a beautiful contrasting effect or you can use a lighter contrast when paired with a brown eyeliner instead.
You can wear it alone too, pink eyeliners are versatile and really pretty.
8. Iridescent Lilac[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9GrMr7oAQt/ hidecaption=true width=800] Play up the sun’s rays with an iridescent colored eyeliner look in lilac or other colors. It can be beautifully eye-catching especially when it is smudged out. Smudging an iridescent product shows a bit more of the sparkles and creates an ethereal look to the overall aesthetic.
9. Emerald Green Eyeliner
Personally speaking, when it comes to green eyeliners, nothing can be as vivid as emerald greens. This look is a good example of how striking and deep emerald green is – on any skin tone, at that.
10. Glow in the Dark
Why not glow in the dark? Take your eyeliner game to the next level with glow in the dark cosmetics like Paint Glow Colour Cosmetics. It might not be as noticeable in the day but it will definitely be the highlight of the night.
11. Multicolored Eyeliner[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9-MbiEBd8b/ hidecaption=true width=800] Creating a one-of-a-kind looks these days can be a bit harder especially with all the creatives on cyberspace. As for eyeliners, creating a multicolored look instantly boosts your creativity game.
Create a monochromatic look by using different shades of the same color family or have a contrasting color story by using different colors that match and contrast with one another.
12. Gold Eyeliner
If using colorful eyeliners is a little daunting for you, you can always go for the classic gold eyeliners. It’s a universal color and it screams sophistication no matter how simple your look is.
You can even choose to smudge it out or go graphic and it will still look classy and put together. Definitely a color you should have in your kit if you are trying out colorful eyeliner looks.
13. Neon Green Eyeliner
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B-eSXNJFFeE/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Create a statement with a neon-colored eyeliner just like this look created by makeup artist Dana Vaughan. A simple winged eyeliner will always look more modern and fresh with a neon eyeliner, in this case, neon green.
14. Rose Gold Metallic Eyeliner
Let’s not forget probably one of the most used eyeliner finishes — aside from black, in this list, it’s in rose gold. The metallic eyeliner look is one that is easily pulled of, instantly creating shimmer and sparkle on the eye with the least amount of effort.
Check out this beautiful blue eyeliner look by Kathleen Lights:
Colored eyeliner looks are really fun to do and we hope this list inspired you to create more even in the middle of this pandemic. Creativity can be what takes us to brighter days so keep creating and keep it colorful.
What’s your favorite colored eyeliner look from this list? Share them with us in the comments section below.
- How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner in Seconds
- 10 Stunning Ways To Rock A White Eyeliner
- 10 Creative Ways To Be Sparkingly Beautiful With Glitter Makeup
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!