Everyday natural makeup is great if you want to look effortlessly fresh and beautiful. It can be boring to some but this look is still one of the most sought after in the makeup world. You’ll find out why below!
Look Gorgeous With These Natural Makeup Tutorials Anytime, Anywhere
1. Natural Golden Glow
This my go-to natural makeup look not just in the summer, for me there’s no other perfect look than the glow of natural-looking makeup! Here’s how to get a beautiful sun-kissed skin:
- Clean, moisturize, and prep your skin, and then apply a natural foundation. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is one of my top recommendations.
- Apply a concealer under the eyes and cover any areas of redness and blemishes.
- Use your finger to dab a touch of Mac Pink Rebel Skin Finish on the top of the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and inner eye area.
- Apply lightweight setting powder to the t-zone.
- Slightly polish on Mac Cream Blusher in Ladyblush over your cheekbones.
- Define your eyebrows softly with a powder brow product like the HD Brow Palette in ‘Bombshell’.
- Prep the lid with Mac Paint in Bare Canvas and follow with a sweep of Mac Honesty eyeshadow blended into the crease of the eye.
- Use a defining mascara with a smaller and thinner wand. Max Factor’s Masterpiece Mascara would be perfect to recreate this effect. Place individual false lashes to achieve a pretty lift in the outer corners of your eyes, but this is optional.
- Keep lips really soft – the look is almost lip tone like. Laura Mercier’s Lip Tint in Shy Girl can create a barely-there natural finish.
2. Lauren Conrad Bare-Faced Chic Look[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/ByDlzH9HM6p/ hidecaption=true width=800]
- Apply a good and highly recommended primer, like Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Primer, to a clean moisturized face.
- Next, apply Becca’s Luminous Skin Colour Foundation in the areas to even your skin tone.
- After finishing your base, apply concealer in the areas needed, with blemishes and redness.
- Use Ben Nye‘s colorless powder to set your base, which gives you a lovely and even skin tone.
- Apply a matte bronzer in a warm tone to your forehead, cheeks, and chin for a sun-kissed and glowing complexion.
- Apply Laura Mercier’s Chambord very lightly across the lid and blend into the crease to make it soft. Then, take a small amount of your bronzer and apply it to the crease of the eye to balance and contour.
- Apply a black gel eyeliner from Maybelline using a flat liner brush.
- Finally, apply Becca’s Laelia in Peach Nude for shimmering and fresh lips.
3. Everyday Natural Makeup for Asian Eyes
Are you wondering how to do natural makeup for Asian or monolid eyes? Well, it’s actually all about keeping it natural but making the eyes look bigger.
Here’s how to do this look:
- Apply CC cream all over the face for lightweight coverage and a dewy finish. Follow it up with a concealer, remember to use sparingly.
- Dust loose powder lightly all over your face just to set your base.
- Fill in your brows and highlight as well.
- Apply light brown eyeshadow on the lids and then use dark brown eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eyes. Blend smoothly with a fluffy brush. This will open up your eyes.
- Tightline with black eyeliner. Extend the wing a bit further to make it a little bigger. Remember do not go overboard.
- Apply concealer all over the lips and then apply lip stain on the inner part of the lip to achieve the gradient effect.
- Apply pink blush on the cheeks for a flushed look.
- Do light contouring to give shape to your face.
4. Natural Nude Lips
Nude lips are amazing! And it’s never out of season, it’s one of the best lipstick shades to wear with your natural makeup look. Kim Kardashian knows all about it!
This easy natural makeup tutorial isn’t just for teaching you how to do nude lips but also teaches you the proper technique to prevent having streaky or dry patches on your lips!
- Apply lip balm. (This will soften the lips when wearing the lip pencil.)
- Define lips with a nude lip pencil. (Use the closest shade to your lip color.)
- With gentle stroke fill the entire lips with the pencil.
- Apply your favorite natural lipstick shade.
- If you want your lips to look plumper, a great tip is to put a highlight on your cupids bow.
- To finish off the look apply a lip gloss.
5. Natural Eye Makeup
Do you want your own go-to natural eye makeup?
This tutorial above might just be the one you’re looking for. It’s pretty simple to do but will definitely brighten up your eyes! This one is simple you will do it every day, I promise!
- Apply concealer under your eyes up to the inner part. Do the tapping motion, this will allow the concealer to set without streaks. This first step will instantly make your eyes look brighter.
- Blend the concealer with a sponge and blend in with your tinted moisturizer or foundation.
- Set the concealer with a powder to make sure everything is in place.
- Highlight your eyes using an ivory shade eyeshadow. It’s better if the formula has a sheen to it. Using your eyeshadow brush apply the highlight under the arch of your eyebrow. Proceed to your eyelids and apply the same eyeshadow shade you used.
- Using eyeshadow contour brush apply a bronzer or a brownish shade eyeshadow on your crease contour your eyes.
- To give more depth yet still natural, press the same shade you used on your crease under your eye near your waterline.
- With an eye pencil, apply a taupe brown colored eyeshadow near your top lash line to enhance your lashes.
- Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler then apply mascara on top and bottom lashes.
- Lastly, shape and fill your brows.
6. DIY Lush Natural Lashes[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CFP6qk9iKzi/ hidecaption=true width=800]
You can still rock a natural makeup look just by making your eyelashes look lush and fuller.
Follow the steps below on how to work on bare eyelashes and make them appear thicker and fuller:
- Build thickness at the root by smudging gel or cream eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible.
- Curl and separate. A few key pumps of the eyelash curler will do wonders for lashes, with or without mascara. After crimping, comb through eyelashes to separate and fan out your fringe.
7. Glowing Flushed Cheeks Makeup Look
Whether you choose to put on eye makeup or not, flushed cheeks will almost instantly give you the most natural-looking glow. One amazing technique to achieve it is by mixing your cream blush with your cream highlighter!
- Use sunscreen as your base makeup. Apply with a clean sponge in a pounding motion for better absorption.
- Use a cream blush or any blush that looks a bit translucent and apply on the cheeks for flushed cheeks.
- Do spot concealing. Just conceal areas you need to cover up.
- Fill in and add color to your brows. Keep it natural.
- Pat translucent setting powder all over the face to set your makeup in place.
- For the eyes, use a mauve pink shadow for the lids and a light brown shadow for the crease.
- Next, use a light brown eyeliner and apply it in a zigzag motion on the lash line.
- Curl your lashes and apply lengthening mascara on both the upper and lower lashes. One to two coatings will do.
8. Fresh No-Makeup Makeup Look
The epitome of natural makeup is the no-makeup makeup look, we can all agree to that! This one here is what most women are eyeing to achieve. It’s one of those no-makeup makeup looks.
Follow the steps below to create it:
- Use a tinted moisturizer or a tinted sunblock as your base.
- Normally, I do not recommend adding a foundation since we are aiming for a no-makeup look, but if you feel like you need to do this step then by all means, just keep it as light as possible. Now, to do this, you should use a stippling brush.
- Apply concealer to cover your dark circles and blemishes. a follow it with a concealer. Tarte’s Shape Tape Concealer can do the job.
- Apply a taupe brown eyeshadow at the crease of your eyes just to give it contour.
- Apply a cream blush. This gives color to your face but since cream blushes are easier to blend on the skin it gives the most natural flush.
- Use a nude lip color of your choice. I love Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution lipstick in Pillow Talk. This is a cult favorite and I must say it’s a gorgeous color that works on a wide range of skin tones!
- Curl your lashes and apply a volumizing mascara for the last step.
9. Conceal and Correct[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/-zhlhBNq86/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Worried about blemishes and uneven skin tone? Here’s a makeup tutorial to hide those stubborn spots:
- Apply concealer on crucial areas such as under your eyes and above your lids. When applying concealer above your lids, make sure you blend it on your brows too. MAC Select Moisture Cover works well on these spots with an added moisturizing effect.
- Use your favorite face sponge to blend and even out your concealer.
- Let’s proceed to your cheeks and other areas of your face where concealing is also needed. To effectively hide blemishes in these areas, you need a corrective concealer.
- Apply your foundation where needed.
- Complete your look with a bronzer to add some light contouring on your skin.
10. Groomed Natural Brows[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BcY8TxZnTFx/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Well-groomed eyebrows are very important because it frames your face. You can have a bare face but with groomed brows, you’ll still look made up.
Here’s how you do it:
- Use your pencil for your brows.
- Then, comb your brows upwards using a spoolie brush.
- To make your brows stand out, you can apply BB cream.
- For a more stunning look, apply a thin layer of mascara to your lashes.
11. The 5-Minute Face
If you’re always in a hurry, this five-minute natural makeup is the beauty trick for you. Check out the following steps to get this look:
- Begin with the usual drill — apply a moisturizer.
- Apply concealer under your eyes to cover blemishes and dark spots. You can use Tarte’s Maracuja Creaseless Concealer for this.
- Don’t forget to apply blush.
- For your brows, use an eyebrow pencil.
- Apply loose powder to your t-zone, under your eyes, and around your nose. You can try using Laura Mercier Loose Powder.
- Curl your lashes then apply mascara.
- Finish up with a light-colored lip gloss or natural-colored lipstick. You can use Victoria’s Secret Lip Gloss “Citrus Kissed.”
Even everyday makeup looks need some contouring. Let EMAN teach you how to contour naturally:
These natural makeup tutorials will surely make you look elegant anytime, anywhere. Isn’t it fun to learn new things every day? Heck yes! I hope you learned a thing or two today about natural makeup looks. And since we’re on the topic of ‘natural’ makeup, why don’t you give DIY natural makeup products a try as well?
What was your favorite natural makeup tutorial on this list? Let us know in the comments section below!
- DIY Makeup Remover | Makeup Tutorials!
- 5 Tutorials To Teach You How To Apply Makeup Like A Pro
- 12 IKEA Makeup Storage Ideas You’ll Love
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on March 19, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.