There’s no better way to store and care for your makeup needs than these IKEA makeup storage ideas. Read on and find out which will suit your makeup room best!
RELATED: 13 Fun DIY Makeup Organizer Ideas For Proper Storage
In this article:
- ALEX Drawer Unit with 9 Drawers
- MALM Dressing Table with LACK Shelves
- LINNMON Table Top with ALEX Drawers
- GRUNDTAL Rail and Containers
- GODMORGON Box with Containers
- SKURAR Plant Pot
- KOMPLEMENT Drawer with Glass Front
- SOCKER Plant Pot with Holder
- RASKOG Utility Cart
- RIBBA Picture Ledge
- RATIONELL VARIERA Cutlery Trays
- BLOMSTER Bowl
IKEA Makeup Storage | Ideas You’ll Be Glad to Recreate
1. ALEX Drawer Unit with 9 Drawers
IKEA’s ALEX drawer units is a huge fave vanity setup for YouTube makeup vloggers and beauty bloggers. The 9-tier drawers is an amazing piece of furniture, which can hold tons of makeup and beauty products.
The best part of using this IKEA ALEX drawer unit is you can categorize your makeup for the eyes, lip, face, skincare, and a lot more.
2. MALM Dressing Table with LACK Shelves[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BfuSsfCl0W6/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Another favorite from the Swedish furniture brand is the IKEA MALM dressing table. Although it looks very simple, customers love it for its versatility.
Like in this case, you can pair the MALM dressing table with IKEA’s LACK wall shelves. You can use the MALM table as your vanity, use the drawers for storage, and use the shelves for display and storage purposes as well.
Acrylic makeup organizer can also go well with this IKEA makeup vanity table.
3. LINNMON Table Top with ALEX Drawers[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BhLK1QfnQv0/ hidecaption=true width=625]
So maybe you’re not a fan of the MALM dressing table, then here’s another great option for you. You can use the IKEA LINNMON tabletop and pair it with ALEX drawer units, 5-tier this time.
With this IKEA storage idea, you get easy and instant access to your makeup goodies right underneath your tabletop.
4. GRUNDTAL Rail and Containers
The GRUNDTAL rail and containers may be a staple in the kitchen, but it is by no means just going to stay there! We love the rail and container combo for makeup storage as well.
Put your makeup brushes there, your eyebrow grooming kit, or anything you need to quickly access. Best of all, it saves a lot of table space!
5. GODMORGON Box with Containers
The IKEA GODMORGON box with containers is the ideal make-up storage for those tiny goodies like lipsticks, lip balms, and eye pencil. You can also store some of your makeup palettes there.
This acrylic makeup case is best placed on the tabletop or on a shelf.
6. SKURAR Plant Pot[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd46bnQDVYq/ hidecaption=true width=625]
I went to IKEA a few months ago and I’ve bought tons of SKURAR plant pots. It’s not just for my miniature plants but I use it for my makeup brushes, combs, pens, and what-not.
These plant pots are so cute for makeup organization and so versatile—I just can’t get enough!
RELATED: 17 Makeup Organizers And Storage Ideas For Makeup Junkies
7. KOMPLEMENT Drawer with Glass Front[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYp7z4hjn5/ hidecaption=true width=625]
If you have wall shelves, then the KOMPLEMENT drawer with a glass front is a good makeup storage idea for you. It’s the standard size, so it’s most likely to fit any wall shelf at home.
What I really like about this one is the glass front as it helps see the items easier. It’s ideal for makeup organization and the perfect addition to your makeup room.
8. SOCKER Plant Pot with Holder
What’s with plant pots and makeup brushes? IKEA has another set of plant pots which makes great makeup brushes storage as well.
While the SKURAR is cuter than this SOCKER plant pots set, this doubles as a cosmetic organizer and is best for people who really need several containers for their brushes all placed in one holder. A must-have to keep your makeup table clutter-free.
9. RASKOG Utility Cart[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BWeKEVLDrI5/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Do you find yourself moving around the house when doing your makeup? If you do, you definitely need the RASKOG utility cart.
No more carrying boxes and containers of makeup products ladies, just push and pull this cart and your makeup will be with you wherever you go! The ideal make-up storage for ladies who are always on the go.
10. RIBBA Picture Ledge[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/2d_95UKp-l/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Using a picture ledge as makeup storage is another ingenious idea. This RIBBA picture ledge is great for storing your favorite China Glaze nail polish.
In my case, I use it for my lipsticks! This way, I can see my lipstick haul together, access them quickly, and save space on my tabletop and drawers.
11. RATIONELL VARIERA Cutlery Trays[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/PXzxrqDv_F/ hidecaption=true width=625]
What about your drawers, you ask? How can you organize it?
I suggest IKEA’s RATIONELL VARIERA Cutlery trays! Even though they’re primarily designed for your cutlery, you can also use it as a makeup drawer organizer.
12. BLOMSTER Bowl[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BTpiRA5lyc-/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Primarily intended for indoor plants, you can use this IKEA BLOMSTER bowl as your makeup brush storage as well.
Just fill the bowl with crystal fills and stick your makeup brushes in there. Smart!
If you’re on a budget, why not make your own DIY vanity? Check out this DIY IKEA ALEX drawers desk dupe from Jasmine Elise:
Makeup and beauty products are an investment. They’re precious and we definitely must give them the best care possible.
Investments need to be taken care of and when it comes to makeup, you have to store them properly. On top of that, you’d want your makeup haul to be organized as well, so you don’t have to keep digging through drawers every time you need to use something.
Try out these IKEA makeup storage solutions, so the next time you need to get glammed up, everything will be within reach! Plus, your room will look extra nice and organized too!
Which of these IKEA makeup storage ideas is your fave? Let us know in the comments section below!
- Best Professional Makeup Brushes For Your Makeup Kit
- Easter Basket Ideas For Makeup Lovers
- 13 Updo Hairstyle Tutorials For Medium-Length Hair
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on March 19, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Leave a Reply