Ditch hair extensions and take a look at this list of easy updo hairstyle tutorials for medium-length tresses you can try and have fun with!
In this article:
- Easy Chignon Updo Hairstyle
- Messy Braid Bun
- Easy Twisty Bun
- The Gibson Tuck Updo Hairstyle
- Half to Full Updo Hairstyle
- Twisted Headband Updo Hairstyle
- Double Braided Bun
- Twist-Wrapped Bun
- Beaded Headband Updo
- Simple French Roll
- Quick and Easy Messy Bun
- The Messy Bun
- Knotted Updo Hairstyle
Beautiful and Effortless Updo Hairstyle Tutorials
Updo Hairstyle Tutorials to Remedy Your Short Tresses for a Big Event
I recently chopped my long locks in favor of the chic and easy lob. I love it but I realized too late I should have waited until after all my holiday parties before the big chop.
All my go-to bun hairstyles need a bit more length than I have to offer at this point. My heart aches for my long locks but hey! There’s a lot of super easy and pretty bun hairstyle tutorials for medium-length hair.
Updo hairstyle tutorials are not difficult and complicated with medium-length hair at all. The chic holiday looks saved indeed!
1. Easy Chignon Updo Hairstyle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/p3ps2klDF0/ hidecaption=true width=625]
In search of an easy hairdo to make you look elegant and effortless? Try this easy and straightforward chignon hairstyle tutorial!
It’s a quick and easy updo hairstyle for medium hair for sure. It’s also simple yet chic and perfect for on-the-go ladies.
Tip: To ensure the chignon holds all day, insert every pin in a tight way. This is to keep hair from being loose at the end of the day.
2. Messy Braid Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgm2gD3gG7p/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Messy buns are your go-to hairdo for medium hair but girl, you can never go wrong with a braid!
Add a twist to your usual messy bun by adding some braids to make your hair look extra. I’m definitely loving this messy braid bun.
Tip: Do not braid your hair tightly so you will have more volume. Also, tight braids will only make you feel uncomfortable.
3. Easy Twisty Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/kS3oTyupBq/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Looking for an easy updo for your shoulder length hair? Here’s one.
All you’ll need are a few hair elastics, some bobby pins for support, and a hairspray. Ladies with curly hair can do this too!
Tip: Let your hair down after a few hours for effortless curls!
4. The Gibson Tuck Updo Hairstyle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BPK5kZ1B1L9/ hidecaption=true width=625] Here is another easy step-by-step updo hairstyle tutorial to learn. It won’t take much of your time yet it will still make you look stunning.
This is one of those hairstyles which will look good for ladies of any age.
Tip: You can spray dry shampoo beforehand so you will have more volume and less moisture. Your hair will last all day even at night.
5. Half to Full Updo Hairstyle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgh3V23FOG9/ hidecaption=true width=625]
This updo tutorial is one of the gorgeous and easy hairstyles you can do at home. It’s simple yet very charming.
Any woman with short or medium hair can do the splendid half up! You will be needing a hairspray and several bobby pins.
Tip: A little teasing on the hair can help add a beautiful volume to your hair.
6. Twisted Headband Updo Hairstyle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCcvFcD3Rm/ hidecaption=true width=625]
For ladies who are always on the go yet still look hip and fab, here’s a cute and easy updo for you.
All you need is a headband and a curling iron for cute curls. It’s easy and super elegant, perfect for a special date on Valentine’s Day.
Tip: A strong and flexible hold hairspray can make your updo last more. A few bobby pins can also help make sure your hair is intact and in its place.
7. Double Braided Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/bHLAMBS8Pj/ hidecaption=true width=625]
This cute double braided bun is a fun twist to ponytail hairstyles! This step-by-step tutorial is so easy you can do it alone.
Make sure you have some hair elastics, bobby pins, a comb, a hairspray, and a cute ponytail holder.
This is one of the prettiest braided hairstyles to add a nice twist to your regular bun. Quirky, fun, and definitely cute!
Tip: If it’s a long event, a stronghold hairspray to make sure the bun stays intact all day.
8. Twist-Wrapped Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BNskZKglIE5/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Attending a wedding? Look chic and sophisticated with this twist-wrapped bun.
Yes, there will be a lot of twisting, so make sure to have some twist hairpins with you. Ladies with curly hair, this is also for you.
Tip: Change your look by letting your hair down for some gorgeous and sexy beach waves.
9. Beaded Headband Updo[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/zjC7yWEKU8/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Attending a formal event? Then an updo is a definite must! Try this DIY beaded headband updo.
All you will need are a sparkly beaded headband, some bobby pins, a comb, and your trusty hairspray.
Tip: Turn glam into bohemian by using metallic or thin headbands.
10. Simple French Roll[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg60fawhEc3/ hidecaption=true width=625] Look tres chic with this very simple french roll which is sure to have heads turning your way.
It’s simple, classic yet will make you look stunning and elegant–perfect for evening affairs.
11. Quick and Easy Messy Bun
In a rush for work but need to look corporate for a meeting? Well, this quick and easy messy bun got you covered.
It’s so easy, you only need three items—a ponytail, several hairpins, and a thin black headband.
Tip: For ladies who have straight or thinner hair, a little teasing goes a long way.
12. The Messy Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BREqSgChoIr/ hidecaption=true width=625]
One of the easiest hair tutorials to do is a messy bun. You can go from loose, bohemian, and glamorous.
It requires a little more effort. Amp up your classic messy bun game by curling your hair beforehand.
13. Knotted Updo Hairstyle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg31uYGHQjs/ hidecaption=true width=625]
This updo looks best at weddings—whether you’re attending to yours or to someone.
It’s smart off-duty also looks good in smart casual attire. Perfect for attending meetings or conferences.
Tip: Don’t forget to tease to get a nice volume and finish it off with a hairspray.
Get more simple and elegant updo hairstyles for medium-length hair in this video from Milabu:
You can achieve elegant hairstyles, even an updo for medium hair in the comfort of your home. So aside from curling your hair, why not try these beautiful and easy updo hairstyle tutorials for medium-length hair?
These hair updos for medium length hair are perfect when you got lots of events to attend. Make sure you have enough bobby pins!
Did you find the perfect updo hairstyle for your medium hair? Or do you have any tips and styles to share? Share your thoughts and added tips with us in the comments section below!
- Rose Gold Hair At Home | The Quick & Easy Hair Trend You’ll Fall In Love With This Fall!
- 20 Hairstyles for Work | Quick and Easy Hairstyles You Can Do
- Holiday Hangover Beauty Fix | Revive Your Skin With These Easy Tips
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on March 19, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.