Are hairstyles for work too much of a hassle for you? Say no more to hard-to-create styles for your hair.
Here are 20 easy hairstyles for work with a step-by-step guide you can do in a jiffy.
Easy Hairstyles for Work to Get Your Day Started
Simple and Stunning Hairstyles for Work
There are lots of easy hairstyles you can try which are suitable to any face shape, whether you have a medium-length hair, pixie cut, a fine hair, or any hair type. These are also appropriate work hairstyles that can transform seamlessly into casual night looks.
1. Ponytail with a Twist[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BqEvWuOlum5/ hidecaption=true width=800]
It’s time to add some oomph to your boring ponytail hairstyle by adding a twist to it — literally!
Get this hairstyle by dividing your ponytail into two sections. Twist one section and wrap around the other section to create this casually twisted ponytail.
Check out these gorgeous silk scrunchies for your hair.
2. Top Knot[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhm7FChjZ2v/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This top knot hairstyle is a must-try. It’s sometimes called the “let’s get things done” updo.
This is perfect to wear if you’re going to deal with bossy clients or when you feel the day is going to be a bit rough. While this is one of the quick hairstyles for long hair, it’s also awesome for those with medium hair or those with curls.
Make sure to prepare tons of bobby pins when you recreate this do!
3. Low Knot[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BwDqAcZBjkF/ hidecaption=true width=800]
If you think the top knot is a bit too regal a hairstyle for office work, then perhaps the low knot is your best bet. It’s one of the easiest updos and also the most flexible.
You can wear this on either side or at the center and go polished or messy too. Go with your mood!
4. Knotted Ponytail[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/s2WoDyD-Gu/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Do you want a different look to your ponytail? This might be the answer.
It’s a cross between braid and ponytail wherein the former doesn’t have to be complicated. It works well with many different hair lengths too.
In the picture, the hair was knotted several times. If you’re really in a hurry, one to two knots will suffice.
5. Half Braid[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BeeJ3Z3lW22/ hidecaption=true width=800]
What makes half braids attractive is their elegant and charming look. This style will make you feel real dainty.
6. Wavy Bob[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B4lr00sgcqT/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This is one of the best hairstyles for short hair and one of the easiest and natural hairstyles for work. The bob makes it very easy to maintain while its waviness gives it a more updated look.
In other words, it makes you look youthful! If you have a curling iron, you can skip going to the salon to achieve this hair.
7. High Ponytail[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BhnjMsTnOQ0/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The high ponytail is recommended for women with thin or less-volume hair. If you have a beautiful jawline or cheekbone structure, or a heart-shaped face, wear this to flaunt it.
You can tease or pouf the hair at the top if you want to create the illusion of volume.
8. Messy Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhlbp6DBBej/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Have you been avoiding the bun? Usually, it takes too long, but this practical tutorial will help you get it done right and quick in less than three minutes.
Go on and try this messy bun for yourself with an awesome hair tie or an elastic band. A messy bun never goes out of style!
These biodegradable elastic hair ties will surely help you make this look perfect!
9. Swept Braid[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BLgqw2UB_7e/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The swept braid is a simple hairstyle you can make in less than five minutes.
I find this even easier than the traditional French braid since you have better reach and dexterity of your hands when your hair is on the side. You can complete this look with side-swept bangs for a more edgy look.
10. Asymmetrical Twist[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/m-p-FILXwf/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Traditional chignons can look a little dated and sometimes too elegant and formal for taste. For a more casual modern take on the classic chignon, here’s the asymmetrical twist.
RELATED: The History Of First Lady Hairstyles
11. Fake Bangs[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BuNsX06BMU3 hidecaption=true width=800]
Bangs can transform a face in seconds. It can make you appear edgy, sexy, or sweet but not everyone likes it.
If you don’t want them to be permanent, then why don’t you fake them? This do is totally artistic and surprisingly easy to do.
These fake bangs look surprisingly realistic!
12. Curly Twist[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B32n1YUhxUa/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Do you have curly or frizzy hair? You’ve found one gorgeous hairstyle to do right here.
This is simply small half braids tied together into a ponytail. It may take about five minutes tops, quick, right?
13. Pixie Cut[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ll_slBZG3/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This hairstyle isn’t for everyone and quite frankly, it takes a lot of guts to wear it but we also have to admit this is definitely one of the simplest hairstyles you can sport. And it’s not boring!
All you need is your trusty hair styling product or a leave-in conditioner and you’re good to go. You can also pair it with beautiful jewelry pieces or even have it colored.
14. Easy Chignon[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZ1gf1hrgi/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Got a power meeting coming up? The timeless and classic chignon always gives off the “I mean business” vibe.
Still, in doubt, try to recreate this easy chignon and time yourself.
15. Braided Bun
— Cosmopolitan (@Cosmopolitan) October 10, 2019
Tame your mane the stylish way. Combining a braid and a bun gives your hair a unique, chic, and modern look without going overboard.
Best of all, you can have a nice wavy hair for your after-hours look.
16. Half Tuck[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/1VpHCoG7N5/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Take a close look at the image above. What do you see?
Yep, that’s a headband and a simple, quick half-tuck to give it a more refreshing look. It’s the fastest way to have a different kind of hairstyle come nighttime cocktail parties or dinner dates.
This works well for girls with medium to super long hair.
17. Easy Side Braid[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BhoCRGVHGD7/ hidecaption=true width=800]
You can go full or half braids — it doesn’t matter. You’ll be as pretty as you want yourself to be.
You can keep it a bit loose for a “messy look” or tight when you want more definition. If you have more time, add some nifty accessories like little flowers or beads onto your hair.
18. Wrapped Ponytail[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B37n2X5DNYr/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The wrapped ponytail is how you go trendy without appearing you’re trying hard to fit in with what’s current. If you want to keep your ponytail in place a lot longer, this is one of the most practical hairstyles you can have.
19. Half-Up Bun[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BElQzk1PFCu/ hidecaption=true width=800]
If you want to achieve a messy look the right way, then this is it. The half-up bun allows you to be trendy without being too casual.
It’s also perfect wearing this hairstyle for work to give your workplace a dreamy, bohemian vibe.
20. Criss-cross Half-Up Half-Down[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/rE5LPCGw_Y/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Got some bobby pins lying around? Put them to good use.
This is a great easy hairstyle for women with straight hair regardless of the hair length.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy infographic for reference:
Excited to try any of these easy hairstyles for work? Go on and try one of these hairstyles and sport them going to work.
Here’s a tip: practice before you sleep. Even if these hairstyles for work only take less than 10 minutes to do, it might take any beginner longer than that.
Practice beforehand so you can nail it when you wear it! Enjoy working it ladies!
Do you have a favorite from the list of easy hairstyles for work? Please let us know in the comments section below!
- 11 Sassy Ponytail Hairstyles
- 27 Short Hairstyles in 10 Minutes or Less
- How to Apply Natural Makeup Tutorial
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 24, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.