Laser Hair Removal is ????
Laser Hair Removal
1. Speedy Treatment
Compared to electrolysis, laser hair removal is less time consuming.
It’s fairly safe if performed PROPERLY.
3. Less Painful
Compared to treatments like electrolysis and waxing, this is considered to be less painful.
4. It works!
Most people experience long-lasting hair removal or even permanent hair reduction with laser hair removal.
1. It’s technically just for permanent hair reduction
Laser treatments are only approved by the FDA for “permanent hair reduction” NOT “permanent hair removal”. In other words, some regrowth is to be expected.
2. There are side effects
Side effects can can range from itching or swelling (which will disappear after a few days) to more serious but rare side effects like burning, skin discoloration, blistering and infection.
3. Several treatments are needed to get desired effects
You will usually need to get 6-8 treatments to remove hair from the desired area.
4. Treatment can be expensive
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost for laser hair removal is $235 per session. The cost varies widely, depending on factors that include:
- Size of the area being treated and time required for treatment
- Number of treatments required
- Whether a doctor or someone else is performing the procedure
- The part of the country where you are having the procedure