Today we’ll provide some insider tips on how your can achieve beautiful nails. You’ll definitely thank us after reading these useful nail hacks. Read on for more!
1. Remove nail polish stain with whitening toothpaste.
Nails look yellowish after removing nail polish and that tint just doesn’t look flattering. Good thing there’s a simple solution to that – whitening toothpaste! Check out a tutorial here on how to remedy yellow nails with whitening toothpaste.
2. Get rid of hangnails
Say bye-bye to hangnails by keeping cuticles well moisturized. Click here for an easy overnight moisturizer you can make yourself.
3. Load up with vitamins that are good for your nails
Biotin, Iron, Zinc and B12 help strengthen the nails and clear and heal inflammation of cuticles.
4. Moisturize with hot oil manicure
Hot oil manicure is an excellent remedy for dry cuticles and brittle nails. No time to drop by the salon for hot oil manicure? No problem. Make one yourself! Instructions here.
5. Wear gloves
Especially if you’re exposing your nails to water or harsh chemicals for a significant amount of time. Wearing gloves will protect your nails.
6. Fix a broken nail with a teabag and nail glue
7. Take off your nail polish in less than 5 minutes using only 1 cotton ball
The ultimate technique that will save you both time and cotton balls. Get full instructions here.
8. Prevent nail polish from chipping with a top coat
To do this, just run the brush along the free edge of the nail. This will seal the raw edge of the nail polish and prevent it from chipping.
9. Clean up your manicure work with a brush dipped in polish remover
You can use s small paint brush, an eyeliner brush or even the felt tip of an old liquid liner that has dried up. Just dip it in polish remover and run it along the edges of your nails to erase manicure mistakes.
10. Get the perfect manicured nails by following this diagram
This is how professional nail technicians roll.
11. Apply multiple thin coats instead of a single thick coat
A thick coat of nail polish will only dry at the top layer, leaving your manicure vulnerable to smudges. Apply 2-3 layers of thin nail polish. Make sure to let each coat dry first before layering.
12. Use petroleum jelly or Vaseline to protect your skin from errant nail polish strokes
Just make sure you only apply it to your nails. Any ointment that gets on the nail will prevent the polish from sticking.
13. Use tin foil to remove gel manicure
Removing gel manicures can be a pain. Luckily, this tutorial will let you remove those stubborn nail polish without all the soaking and scraping.
14. Tin foils are also great for removing stubborn glitter polish
Remove stubborn glitter nail polish the same way you would remove gel nail manicure.
15. Soak nails in a solution of water and white vinegar before applying nail polish
Vinegar will remove any trace of oils or moisturizers left over from your polish remover. This will help your nail polish to adhere better.
16. Use VapoRub to treat nail infections
An ingredient of VapoRub, thymol, works on bacterial and yeast infections of the nail plate.
17. Use a white base coat to make neon colored manicures pop out
18. Glitter eye shadows make awesome glitter polish
And they look really matte which is awesome!
19. Don’t shake your nail polish, roll it
Roll your nail polish to avoid bubbles.
20. Wait extra long for your nails to dry if the air is humid
Humidity can do all sorts of nasty things to a manicure. Make sure you wait extra long for your manicure to dry out before doing anything.
21. Look for the B3F sign
B3F stands for “Free from Formaldehyde, DBP & Toluene,” a standard which many new nail polishes have adopted. Formaldehyde is anti bacterial and acts as an anti dissolvant and improves adhesion. DBP or Dibutyl phthalate is used as a plasticizer which should keep surfaces smooth and unbreakable. Toluene is a substance that keeps your polish in liquid form. Each of these ingredients mentioned have certain dangers attached to them and it pays to be safe with your nail polish.
22. Don’t dry your nail polish with a fan
Yes, the fan may dry your nail polish faster. It will also cause bubbling and ruin your polish.
23. Dry your nail polish faster with ice cold water
Let them air dry for a couple minutes, then stick your hands in a bowl of ice water.
24. Dab glitter on your nails
Dab glitter on nails instead of swiping it. This will distribute the glitters evenly on your nails.
25. Make your own dotter using pins
Stick a pin nto a pencil eraser and voila, your own nail dotter!
26. Wear gloves before braving the cold weather
Cold temperatures can seriously dry and deteriorate your nails, so make sure to wear gloves when you go out on a cold weather.
27. Massage your cuticles
Massaging your cuticles will promote a healthier nail growth.
Make sure to check out all of our fabulous makeup tutorials, makeup tips & tricks, and beauty insider reports right here at makeuptutorials.com! Here at Makeup Tutorials, we pride ourselves on bringing you the most outstanding makeup content on the web – right from the some of the best makeup professionals! We’ll share all the most innovative makeup tutorialsWe want you to be inspired to create awesome and simple day to day looks without thinking about it. Our experts have taken the time to deliver you the best quality content on the web, so make sure to sign up to our newsletter!
♥ TWITTER: OfficialMakeupT
♥ FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/makeuptutorialsofficial
♥ INSTAGRAM: @makeuptutorialsofficial