Celebrate the advent of a new season with neon nails that will capture the bright summer sun! We’re done with pastels for now.
Another way to elevate your manicure is to switch classic polishes with their neon counterparts. A neon manicure alone will bring a new edgy and expressive aesthetic to your outfit. I love to match neon green nails with a white shirt and distressed jeans combo, and I never feel underdressed when my claws are on point.
Let’s discover what neon nails have to offer and why they’re all the rage this summer!
Neon Nails Worthy of the Summer Sun
1. Short Neon Nails
Start off with a basic manicure on short, clean nails. You’ll still cop the neon look, but it’s a great gateway set for those intimidated by bold colors.
2. Matte Neon Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BvIkcmogYHR/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Capture the sunset glow of the sun with matte neon orange nails, curated in a coffin nail silhouette! You’re sure to stop traffic with this set.
3. Glittery Neon Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdwN0gA5jn/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Spruce up your neon nails with glitter if neon isn’t blinding enough for you.
4. Bare Minimum
I love these nails because they’re subtle, but in no way sacrifice artistry. This is a great modern twist on solid white French tips, because that was so 2000.
5. Neon Rainbow
Rainbow nails with an airbrushed ombré effect are perfect for the beauties that enjoy the summer rain showers as much as I do. Your hand will match the rainbow after the rain, but yours will be so much brighter.
6. Matte Prints[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBh0sOMjuay/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Paint on some matte cow prints and call it a day for uncomplicated, but cute nails.
7. Groovy Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBh0XkfHvDN/ hidecaption=true width=800]
I love the abstract squiggles, shapes, and spots, and how they come to play with negative space.
8. Chrome Claws[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBhx6GuKkKQ/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Explore what you can do with chunky glitters and a chrome finish to discover how bright neon can go.
9. Dazzling Diamonds
Attach a tasteful stone on your neon nails to reflect the midday glow of the sun. This bright set will make your outfit look extra lit.
10. Edgy Elegance[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBhRjSAFwNn/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The stones maintained at the base of the nails class up a young and vibrant color. The neon strokes at the corners of the nails add intrigue.
11. Popsicle Manicure[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBB54xqp06O/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Fashion warm pink tones into popsicle nails to cool you off this summer. Stick on some dazzling ice to make sure they don’t melt.
12. Neon Ombré Tips
@allanyasacrylicsTri-colour ombré 🌅 ##nails ##fyp ##tutorial ##acrylics ##ombre ##foryou ##foryoupage ##trending ##neon ##summer♬ Going Out Of My Way – M.O & Mr Eazi
Invite the incandescent light of the sun to your finger tips. We are all about pastel neons! Who knew it was possible?
13. Pastel Neons
Neons alone are bold, but when done with a pastel and airbrush finish they come together to create a beautiful effect. You’ve never seen nails like these before. You’ll be the only beach babe rocking nails like these.
14. Lava Lamp Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBfZPTRof_g/ hidecaption=true width=800]
I love the fluid aesthetic of these lava lamp nails and how elegant they look despite the bright tones used.
15. Sunset Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBbFZHvDrxp/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Like the setting sun sets the sky ablaze, these nails add a touch of heat to your neon yellow nails. The lone neon red stripe on the ring finger adds interest, don’t underestimate what a striping brush can do.
16. Fire Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBSjKzIla8c/ hidecaption=true width=800]
These nails are on fire! Notice the ombré effect on the base of the fire, starting off with a warm orange to a fiery red.
17. Neon Glass Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAkFnr2IaEt/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The fusion of clear acrylic nails and the marbling of neon colors creates a glass art effect, made even more reflective by chunky glitters. I would wear this set in neon red polish to a candlelit dinner. Red tones, in any finish, are such a romantic shade.
18. Pearly Shells
Bring the brilliance of jewel of the ocean to your nails in this pearlescent neon nails set. If you’ve grown bored with glitters, a pearlescent shimmer is a great finish to brighten your claws.
19. Reversible Neon Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl9_otVFm2K/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Let your coffin nails grow out and cop this reversible look from Britney Tokyo. She found a marvelous way to integrate two stunning neon shades into one manicure – by painting them on back to back! This is an imaginative way to maximize the whole length of your manicure.
Check out Kim’s video to cop the neon feather look:
Now that we’ve seen the full potential of neon nails, I hope this inspires you to take your nail game to new heights. The vibrant and loud shades of neon polish aren’t intimidating, it can look as delicate and elegant or bold and extra as you want it to be.
Play with summer colors and let’s kick off the summer with a bang!
Which look was the best and brightest? Let us know in the comments section below! We would love to hear from you.
- How To Fix A Broken Nail At Home Using Household Items
- 11 Self Care Products For Skin, Hair and Nails At Home
- 16 Easy Professional Hairstyles For Your Conference Call
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!