I have a tendency to gravitate towards high-end makeup brands because of their quality, but a lot of people have been asking me to give them my top drugstore products and it just so happened that a lot of them are from NYX Cosmetics. It is inevitable ladies and gentlemen, so today I give you a run down of some of my NYX favorites.
As a makeup artist, it is almost a necessity to try out all the makeup products you can get your hands on, I admit I can be a bit impulsive at times and just hoard products. However, there are just some brands that will make you buy all sorts of different things, maybe not because they’re high end and ultra luxe, but because they are the exact opposite. Drugstore brands have come a long way and are slowly becoming increasingly present in a lot of professional makeup artist’s kit, NYX Cosmetics is one of them. In the last 10 years alone, they have managed to put out products after products of high-quality, professional grade cosmetics that really give you a bang for your buck. I mean, the price point is just ridiculous considering the quality that you get. Exactly the things that do not help out with your impulse at all.
NYX Favorites | 10 Budget Friendly Products Makeup Enthusiasts Can’t Live Without
If it isn’t obvious yet, NYX is one of my favorite drugstore brands. I use them on my face and I’ve used them on other people as well. So here I am, giddy and joyfully giving you a list of my top ten NYX picks.
Easily a NYX favorite, this soft matte lip cream has incredible texture and, surprisingly, lasts quite a long time considering it isn’t exactly a non-slip, matte formula. It also comes in a wide range of colors. I love my soft matte lip cream from NYX!
- Highly pigmented, richly formulated lipstick envelop lips in brilliant color
- Glides on smoothly, stay put and impart a non-glossy, high-fashion matte finish
- Easy-to-apply formula that stays put all day
Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer
This primer is a dupe to the raved about Smashbox primer. Need I say more?
One of my NYX favorites is this brow gel, which is a dupe to the MUFE Aqua Gel and I think it even has a better formula. It lasts throughout the whole day even after a shower. When I use this on a client and transfer some product on my palette, it takes a good amount of brush cleaner and rubbing to get if off! It dries fast so you do have to work the product faster too.
I found this cute eyebrow tutorial using the Nyx Eyebrow Gel on Instagram, check it out:
NYX EYEBROW GEL IDR 105,000 Waterproof Longlasting #eyebrow #eyebrowgel #nyx #nyxcosmetics #nyxeyebrow #nyxeyebrowgel #jualnyx #jualeyebrowgel #jualeyebrownyx #jualnyxeyebrowgel #alis #janganlupangalis #ngalis #jualpensilalis #pensilalis #eyebrowpencil #jualeyebrowpencil #jualmakeup #makeup #makeupjakarta #jualanmakeup #jualaneyebrowgel #jualanpensilalis #jualaneyebrowpencil #eyebrowonfleek
HD Finishing Powder
This finishing powder rivals a lot of high-end brands. It softens fine lines and minimizes the appearance of pores and resists creasing.
- Made with fresh cucumber, kiwi fruit ,flax seeds and white tea
- Specialty oils include maracuja, meadowfoam and borage
- Vitamin B5 and hydrolized collagen
- Knotgrass flavonoids & pomegranate too
- Fresh cucumber melon scent
Dark Circle Concealer
This salmon concealer effectively covers dark circles under your eyes and the lightweight formula does not feel heavy on that sensitive area.
One of the best creamy matte lipsticks comes from a drugstore brand, it’s not as drying as some formulas and the highly pigmented bullets come in a myriad of colors.
- This set includes 24 shades of Soft Matte Lip Cream plus 12 brand new shades in Dallas, St. Petersburg, Cyprus, Lisbon, Las Vegas, Singapore, Miami and Seville
- Provides lightweight yet amazingly creamy color every time
- For added definition, outline your lips with a lip pencil first then fill in the lips with the shade of your choice
Slide On Pencil
The Slide On Pencil for the eyes comes in beautiful, richly-pigmented colors. It is creamy and glides on easily for perfectly lined eyes.
Prismatic Eye Shadows
These eyeshadows are highly pigmented metallic shadows, they are buttery and really feels very high-quality, definitely one of the most pigmented metallic eyeshadows I’ve tried so far.
The NYX Wonder Pencil comes in different shades of nude colors, they can be used for a number of different things such as spot concealing, lining the waterline, highlighting the inner corner of the eye, and lining your lips. A very well made product and definitely one of my NYX favorites.
- EYESHADOW PALETTE: This professional level makeup palette features 16 highly-pigmented shadows that glide onto lids & make eyes pop with color. Use with NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP eyeshadow primer for bolder, longer-lasting color.
- ULTIMATE EYE SHADOW: Each high quality eyeshadow palette features a highly pigmented mix of finishes from matte & satin to shimmery & metallic-perfect for your skin tone. Apply primer & build your look.
- BOLD & BEAUTIFUL: Eyes pop with NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP eye shadow collection. Choose from eyeshadow primer, matte eyeshadow, cream eyeshadows, gel eyeshadows, liquid eyeshadows, & more with a variety of different finishes to complete your look.
- THRIVE WITH CRUELTY FREE COSMETICS: NYX PRPOFESSIONAL MAKEUP is certified and acknowledged by PETA as a cruelty-free brand. We do not test any of our products on animals.
- PERFECT TO PAIR WITH: Try with NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Setting Spray, to keep your whole look locked in all day long.
Micro Brow Pencil
Another NYX favorite is their micro brow pencil. It has a beautiful formula that does not budge on the eyebrows. It can be considered as a dupe to Anastasia Beverly Hills’ brow pencil only better because of the price point.
Here’s a swatch comparison between the two:
A photo posted by UStuff (@ustuff_official) on
If you are looking to invest in makeup without breaking the bank, NYX Cosmetics is one of the best brands you can get your hands on.
Watch this video by JamiePaigeBeauty as she talks about her favorite NYX products:
Let me know your own NYX favorites! Do you want me to review any of the mentioned products? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.