Frankly speaking, who doesn’t want to look young? We all want to take years off our age but can only do so much once signs of aging skin begin to appear. But don’t fear, while we cannot reverse the river of time, we can learn to make it work for us. So here are 10 beauty tips that will make your skin seem fresher and younger:
There’s really no other way to say it, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Your face needs moisture to keep it hydrated and supple. Dry skin is your enemy, and you have to make sure that you do what you can to prevent your skin from drying. Skin aging gets worse with dryness, so moisturize during the day and before you go to sleep.
2. Go for Liquid Concealer
The older we get, the more things we need to conceal. However, concealer can be a double-edged sword when not used correctly. Concealer sticks and pots may work against you. They tend to emphasize wrinkles and fine lines more. Hence, go with liquid concealer, as its formulation is more blendable and will not leave a cakey look.
3. Curl the Lashes
You’re getting old, so there’s really no point in curling your eyelashes, right? Wrong! You must know that as you age, the eyelashes become sparser and flatter. Thus, there’s more need to curl them up (especially if you’re starting to get hooded eyes)! This will make your eyes look younger, brighter and prettier too. Using mascara is also helpful, but please be careful when removing it as you may tug out some of your lashes.
4. Keep Cheeks Flushed
The fact of the matter is, when you get older, you lose fat on your cheeks and it’s not necessarily a good thing. To make sure that you still highlight the apple of your cheeks, always apply blush on the highest point of your cheekbones. This should help make the cheekbones stand out. Make sure to apply in circular motion.
5. Stick to Natural Lips
As people age, the lips become smaller and thinner. Instead of plumping it up with bright colors, you are better off sticking to a lip shade close to your natural lip color. You really don’t want to bring attention to your smaller lips. Moreover, using lip stains is a better option over using creamy lipstick, just to make sure the color is toned down. Then top it off with a lip balm or gloss to make the lips look more hydrated and full.
6. Use Cream Eyeliner
7. Warm-Toned Foundation
This is a makeup secret that you should know. When you use yellowish foundation, it makes the skin look warmer, which translates to younger skin. So if you’re looking for a liquid foundation to use, choose something with a warm-tone, silicone-based (it’s dewier) and with medium coverage. Avoid using pressed powder on top of the foundation to prevent a cakey look.
8. Eyebrow Game
9. Sun Protection
- URSA MAJOR DAILY DEFENSE LOTION - This lightweight, unscented moisturizer nourishes your skin with essential vitamins and minerals while combating the visible signs of aging and providing year-round, broad-spectrum sun protection. Think of it as a high-tech natural moisturizer, skin rejuvenator and sunscreen in one - a forceful blend of science and nature.
- HEALTHY, NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Formulated with 24 naturally-derived ingredients including three potent plant stem cell extracts, hydrating squalane, and 10% uncoated, non-nano zinc oxide.
- ZERO SUSPECT CHEMICALS - Force Field is paraben-free, fragrance-free, cruelty-free and vegan. There are no petrochemicals, sulfates, synthetic fragrance or color, glycols, silicones or PEGs. The formula is 99.5% naturally-derived and contains 65% organic ingredients.
- WHAT TO EXPECT - This is a daily moisturizer with SPF 18 that offers year-round, broad-spectrum mineral sun protection (UVA/UVB) and helps combat the visible signs of aging. The formula is non-greasy, fast-absorbing and unscented.
- GOOD TO KNOW - Works great for men and women. This product is suitable for all skin types (normal skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin etc.) and helps address skin concerns like the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots.
10. Wear Sunglasses
The sun is another enemy that you have to face every day. Aside from SPF, wearing sunglasses can also help fight off wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet. However, if you are going to wear them, the bigger the better. This will offer more protection around the eye area.
On that note, protect your neck by using a stylish scarf. The skin around the throat is thin and can sag easily if you don’t protect it.
Trying to look younger does mean changing your skincare and makeup routine, or even changing products you use. But at the end, putting these tips to good use will be worth it. Stay fierce, look young and have a youthful glow…because darling, we only live once!