Homecoming season is one of my favorites; people go out of their way to look beautiful and glammed up, and I understand it can be a little tricky to choose your homecoming dance makeup. Luckily, you have me and I have this list of trendy homecoming dance makeup ideas and looks guide!
Kidding aside and just a bit contemplative, I have written about different makeup up trends and makeup looks and I definitely see a shift to skin and embracing your natural beauty. So naturally, this is where my quest gravitated to, just good looks and amazing talent from the many professional makeup artists consistently providing us with drool-worthy makeup inspiration. Following the trends as of late, here’s a list of homecoming dance makeup ideas that show off beautiful skin, exquisite makeup, and all sorts of beauty revivals.
Homecoming Dance Makeup Ideas Fit for the Queen
1. Classic Red Lips[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BABC7dMzDh4/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Classic never goes out of style for any party. Get that instant oomph to your wardrobe by wearing a classic red lip makeup for a black dress and brown eyes.
2. Classic Bombshell
Adding a winged liner to a classic red lip gives your eye a flirty, feminine look. Here’s a tutorial on how you can get the perfect red lips for the homecoming dance.
3. Classy and Clean Neutral Glam[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BUuuC-jAdCY/ hidecaption=true width=625]
You can never go wrong with a classic neutral look, even for the glam season. Keeping your palette muted and eye details toned down always works.
4. Glitter and Class[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BEBkZNUlWnD/?taken-by=preetycure_mua hidecaption=true width=625]
Creating a glam look with glitter does not need to look tacky, keeping it minimal and nude everywhere else, gives the look a more youthful energy.
5. Romantic Princess[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/xMm1oKzDqI/ hidecaption=true width=625]
The romantic look is one of the prettiest looks in makeup history. Pastels and dainty pink colors beautifully frame the face for that innocent and girly look.
Try these tips for a romantic princess look for your homecoming makeup: Pretty In Pink Prom Makeup Tutorial!
6. Classic Romantic Look[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BBSXiATPJx1/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Nude pink lips and a deep cut crease, it’s all about playing up your features.
7. Romantic Winged Eye
A winged eyeliner paired with nude pink lips keep the look ultra feminine.
8. Nude[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BFwqFztJmFi/?taken-by=zendaya hidecaption=true width=625]
Nude makeup doesn’t need to be boring. Use neutral colors on the eyes and apply a nude pink color on the lips, and you’re sure to make heads turn.
9. Bronzey Glow
Look sexy and totally beautiful in a glowy bronzed look using bronzers and highlights!
10. All Out Glam[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BI76Jvtj3ku/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Look luxe and glamorous in deep red lips and a burgundy eye shadow. This should be the perfect eye makeup for blue eyes and fair skin.
11. Champagne Luxe[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BIh4EfWg_PY/?taken-by=antheabueno hidecaption=true width=625]
Popping a champagne shadow on your eye not only highlights your lids beautifully, it also makes you look fresh and young.
12. Mermaid Eyes[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BIvQNGCgYZ7/?taken-by=lisaeldridgemakeup hidecaption=true width=625]
Homecoming dance makeup can be colorful, too. Create bold mermaid eyes with turquoise cream shadow and gold inner corner highlights.
13. Emerald Queen[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BHD1iWjBBpK/?taken-by=sararobeymakeup hidecaption=true width=625]
Another way to use color on your homecoming dance makeup is to use an emerald eye shadow for a subtle hint of color.
14. Colorful Waterline[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BFx17S4uIgs/?taken-by=raemorrismakeup hidecaption=true width=625]
If you want to create a look that’s interesting, playing with colors will look great. Line the waterline with colored eyeliner in blue, green, or purple to keep heads turning.
15. Glam Grunge[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/5frxuXrzAV/?taken-by=katocosmeticart hidecaption=true width=625]
Of course, we have to take some from the 90’s, create a sophisticated glam grunge look with this gunmetal gray smokey eyes.
16. Dark Liner[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BCDr5RNjo0h/?taken-by=kendalljenner hidecaption=true width=625]
Line your eyes with Kohl or Kajal black liner to make your eyes pop. This simple homecoming makeup for brown eyes trick will give any expensive pro makeup looks a run for their money.
17. Colored Liner[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BHpNT5zg57P/ hidecaption=true width=625]
A colored wing liner is as interesting as it is sexy.
18. Dark Eyes, Muted Lips[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BIfjRf7j_t-/?taken-by=blackup hidecaption=true width=625]
Muted lips add intrigue to your look. Pair it with big bold lashes and some beautifully blended smokey eyes to truly keep it glam.
Makeup application is just as important as makeup products. Make sure you’ll be able to apply your makeup properly with this 18-piece Makeup Brush Set.
Watch this video by NikkieTutorials for a perfect vintage glam homecoming makeup tutorial:
Recreate these looks but remember that you are your own kind of beautiful. Your vibrant personality and confidence will always outshine any trendy dress or look you’re wearing for the homecoming dance. Have fun and enjoy the process of creating your homecoming dance makeup!
Let me know if I missed any homecoming dance makeup inspiration look in the comments below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 11, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.