Are you looking for the best foundation for mature skin? Our list of product recommendations will surely satisfy every foundation need you have! These foundations are formulated specifically for dry or aging skin. It will not only keep your skin hydrated and looking young but will also mask the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. If you’re starting your search for a new HG foundation, let our top 13 best foundations for mature skin inspire you!
Best Foundation for Mature Skin | Top 13 Products
1. CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Foundation[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Br7lWmuhVUZ/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Many older women swear by the CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Foundation for several reasons. One, it’s super easy to apply with just the finger or a sponge. Second, the coverage is sheer to medium and looks very natural. Its velvety matte finish feels lovely on the skin, not to mention, it’s very lightweight too! Lastly, this velvet mattifying foundation smoothens out large pores and wrinkles and will not settle in lines as well. The Perfection Lumiere is great for women with normal, combo, and oily skin. If you have dry skin, you’re better off with the CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.
2. Clinique Almost Powder
What? Powder foundation for dry aging skin? Won’t it’ll make things worse? Yes, it will, but with the Clinique Almost Powder, it definitely won’t! It’s lightweight, long-wearing, and has a flawless finish to lasts throughout the day. I’ve heard this also gives your skin an airbrushed finish while hiding the fine lines and pores. By the way, the Almost Powder foundation is also marketed for women with rosacea or melasma but anyone can benefit from this mineral powder formula. It’s great for women with an oily t-zone.
3. Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup
One of the best foundations for mature skin out there is the Lancome Regenerie Lift Makeup. This one offers medium coverage. It’s enough to cover the fine lines, wrinkles, and blurs out pores. What women love about this foundation is the natural-looking finish it gives. Also, it doesn’t get greasy or cakey throughout the day.
4. Make Up For Ever Liquid Lift Foundation
Make Up For Ever is a great brand we love! Before switching back to my MAC Studio Sculpt Cream Foundation, I was a die-hard fan of MUFE’s HD Foundation because of the coverage and finish. Their Liquid Lift Foundation is just as great but even better for ladies with dry or mature skin. This liquid foundation is oil-free, lightweight, and provides medium coverage. It also makes the skin look firmer and lifted. Another bonus is their color selection, which is just as enviable as MAC’s!
5. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Color Correcting Cream[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BoRj-VkgjIY/ hidecaption=true width=625]
The IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream is one you’ll want to try. Usually, a CC Cream does not have anti-aging properties so this stands out from the rest. This product is very easy to apply and provides medium to full coverage. For those who do not like the matte finish, you’ll enjoy the dewy, radiant finish of this one better. Works best with a primer and setting powder if you want it to last the whole day. Oh, and it has SPF 50!
6. Boots No7 Dual Action Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sure, the Boots No7 Dual Action Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 isn’t listed down as a foundation but it practically works the same way. In fact, if you’re fond of going for a natural, minimal makeup look, a tinted moisturizer is the best way to go! Tinted moisturizers are mature skin-friendly because they’re very lightweight and keeps the skin moisturized. This Boots product has a sheer finish to make your skin look healthy and supple all day.
7. Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup
If you’re looking for an affordable drugstore foundation, look for Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup. This foundation is a great option for women of all skin types but especially those with dry skin. Women rave about this product because of its lightweight application and silky finish. There are no parabens in this foundation which makes it a safe alternative to other icky foundations. Bonus points for ColorStay being long lasting and non-comedogenic.
8. MAC Face and Body Foundation
While I’m definitely not in my 50s yet, I can proudly say I swear by this little gem! I love how it makes my skin look natural and radiant and I can understand why women over 55 have been raving about the MAC Face and Body Foundation. Older women may want to cover their fine lines and wrinkles but they don’t want to hide them at the expense of looking like they’ve put too much makeup on. This MAC foundation will moisturize your skin and leave it looking airbrushed and flawless, making it one of the best foundations for mature skin.
9. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind The Eraser Treatment Makeup[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BxstXfJhW_P/ hidecaption=true width=625]
Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup is the best affordable concealer you could ever try. Thanks to its liquid formula, you can actually use this as your foundation too! The product provides light to medium coverage and is easily blendable. The goji berry and caffeine in this formula will also tighten and revitalize your skin, making it look more awake and youthful.
10. Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Serum Makeup
Estee Lauder’s Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Serum Makeup is perfect for women with sensitive skin or acne-prone skin. It is an oil-free foundation with no fragrance and it is non-acnegenic. Its SPF 25 also helps protect your skin from UV rays. It gives a hydration boost which makes the skin youthful and radiant looking.
11. Revlon Youth Fx Fill + Blur Foundation
Revlon’s newest foundation, Youth Fx Fill + Blur Foundation may be almost half the price compared to most of the anti-aging foundation listed here but it does the job. It is lightweight and hydrating. With its high coverage, it blurs the lines, wrinkles, uneven tone, age spots and even hyperpigmentation on your face.
12. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector
The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector is proven to smoothen the texture of the skin because it is enriched with Retinol. It also helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and protect you from UV rays with its protective SPF.
13. CoverGirl Simply Ageless 3-In-1 Liquid Foundation[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxc7O8Tl2Nq/ hidecaption=true width=625]
CoverGirl’s Simply Ageless 3-In-1 Liquid Foundation is developed with Olay, so you can be confident it can instantly reduce age spots, wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, mouth, and chin. Also, it evens out your skin tone, hydrates, and even firms your skin. All without breaking the bank!
Tips on How to Apply Foundation for Mature Skin
As important as choosing your foundation, you also have to apply the foundation properly on your skin. It’s a bit trickier now because you have pores, fine lines, and wrinkles to deal with. Here are tips on how to apply foundation for mature skin:
- Apply foundation starting from the center of the face working your way towards the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline. Do not forget to blend into the neckline as well.
- For covering fine lines and wrinkles, just lightly buff the product over them.
- To guarantee easy application, always prep the skin properly. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Exfoliate once or twice a week to remove the dead skin.
- Before applying foundation, you can apply primer as well for long-wear and smoother finish. This will also help prevent the foundation from settling into lines.
- If you’re using a silicone-based foundation, use a silicone-based primer too.
- Liquid foundation is good for covering blemishes and minor flaws. The cream foundation provides more coverage for age spots and is better at moisturizing the skin but can feel thick to some people.
- In case the foundation does settle into lines and wrinkles, just blot with a cotton bud and dab some powder over it. You can also use your finger in a rolling motion to disperse product settled into the lines.
Want to know some natural anti-aging secrets? Check out these tips from HotandFlashy:
Foundation is one of those makeup products where you really have to get the perfect one for your skin. It’s not easy finding the perfect one because there are so many things to consider including your skin tone, skin type, and your personal preference. Sometimes, the shade looks great but the formula makes your skin dry. You do really need to do a trial-and-error, but I’m hoping this list of best foundation for mature skin will help you narrow down your search for anti-aging products.
What’s your best foundation for mature skin and what’s your experience so far? Please let us know in the comments section below!
Up Next: Lovely Makeup Tutorials For Blue Eyes!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for the latest makeup, hair and nail trends!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on March 19, 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Leave a Reply