I love short coffin nails – the length is practical and convenient, but the silhouette still appears so tall and elegant despite the length.
Coffin nails provide a great canvas for nail art – take the cue from the queen of coffin nails herself, Kylie Jenner. The nail shape is wide enough to show off your nail art, while the tapered silhouette towards the end elongates your nails and fingers.
If you love short nails, allow me to introduce to you short coffin nails.
Master How to Wear Short Coffin Nails
1. White Coffin Nails With Snow Shimmers[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B5luD34g0Ai/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Summer heat not for you? Cool your claws with white coffin nails and sparse snow-like shimmers. Apply a matte top coat before applying your shimmers to really portray the white Christmas feel.
2. Ombré French Tip[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B1wclY0oMkx/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Exchange the solid line for an airbrush finish with ombré French tips. To add intrigue, apply a clear acrylic nail and paint with a transparent glitter polish for a slight holo feel.
3. Short Edgy Neon Coffin Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBPVNfcADgE/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Find neon intimidating? This is how you pull off an everyday neon. By lining the tips of your nails with a vibrant color, you emphasize the silhouette of your short coffin nails.
4. Angular French Tips[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B8MdYDtIINC/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Paint your short coffin nails a warm nude polish for an elegant look, then cap off with black scalene triangles at the corners of the tips. By bringing focus to the length of the tips of the nail, you elongate your nails and fingers.
5. Full On Neon[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBPFatkngV6/ hidecaption=true width=800]
I love this matte neon design because it’s a such a polished approach to fun and vibrant colors, making this manicure surprisingly easy to wear. I would recommend this color to warm-toned beauties as this will bring out your tan perfect for the summertime.
6. Space Pastels[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBIP-8uKOwa/ hidecaption=true width=800]
I love the invisible transition between periwinkle and powder blue, giving dimension to the design. The chunky holo glitters with blue and purple tones complement the base colors to a tee.
7. Matte-Gloss Crossover[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBN4yGSgu8w/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This set is a peachy pink matte and gloss alternating combo, made even more special with stones on the ring finger. To the office ladies with a strict dress code, this one is for you. You should be able to take your manicure to your 9 to 5 and the drinks after.
8. Lustrous Pink[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B7qrFLHIRUH/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Manicure manics everywhere will love the ethereal luster of this pale pink set. The sparse distribution of the glitters capture the image of a starry night – such a mesmerizing design. Add a gold band to your nail to match the one on your finger.
9. Short Coffin Butterfly Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9klJGgCtc/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The advent of acrylic nails have elevated nail art for technicians everywhere. It allowed us to create long nails and intricate artworks on sturdy material. This time, don’t paint the entire nail and create a unique look with a clear base.
If you have short, brittle nails, the acrylics are the way to go. You’re able to keep your claws at a comfortable length but are still able to enjoy short coffin nails.
10. Short Milk Coffin Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CA6UQHIDo32/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Apply a single coat of white polish on clear acrylic nails to achieve a milky finish. Accessorize with gold flecks and stones to amp up your nail art, but just the milky finish is to die for!
11. Beach Pearls[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B46_tLNI5D3/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Match your pearl earrings with a pearlescent ombré manicure. This is great for the beauties that love to maintain a clean set of nails, but are looking to explore into nail art. The universal color and the radiant finish will shine on all skin types.
12. Baby Pinks[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAu6KHDqXSk/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Simple and subtle, but never boring. Choose a pink shade close to your skin tone to complement your beach tan. Apply a high shine top coat for your manicure to catch the midday glow.
13. Festive Purple Short Coffin Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9aIgVGnsmH/ hidecaption=true width=800]
I love a purple manicure for a bold mood. A matte polish sat next to stunning chunky purple glitters have a beautiful contrast. A bright and vibrant purple match well with cool or warm tones, but plays typically well with cool colors.
14. Marvelous Marble[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B8j0ar_I3FJ/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Nail that glass and marble effect with acrylic nails and a white and transparent pink polish. Apply a coat of pink polish, then swirl around your white polish with a light hand. Add a gold band to add interest – and because you can.
15. Cute Chrome[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BiqGiIzLF/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Chrome can achieve all types of looks – edgy when paired with cool tones, but absolutely charming when applied with warm tones. Incorporate your chrome nails with a lustrous pink glow to get this cute chrome manicure.
16. Short Coffin Orange Fire Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B0u6WbUHl-R/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Weather not hot enough for you? Capture the summer heat with these nails. Glossy orange polish and reflective stones reflect the golden hour glow.
17. Beach Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BvoPkrxFEdF/ hidecaption=true width=800]
If you can’t go to the beach, bring the beach to your short coffin nails. This manicure perfectly depicts the reflection of the sun on the sea, and makes you feel the foam on the shore.
18. Mrs. Claws[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BqurSUdlK3s/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Yes, I sing my favorite Christmas carols as early as September. Extend the festive vibes from your tree to your nails with this Christmas-inspired set. Start practicing painting snowflakes with a striper brush and a dotting tool.
19. Short Coffin Dark Rainbow Nails[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBcBEbVnGyo/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This is a beautiful three-color ombré set using colors far from each other on the color spectrum. Because they’re all in pastel tones, they meld together well. The matte drippings make for a darker, more interesting mood.
20. Glitter Galore[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAHJLMNHhZm/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Designs like this have jumpstarted my recurring addiction to dip nails. Chunky silver glitters paired with a cool pale pink shade pair so well together to create a young and elegant look.
21. Let’s Be Clear[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_b8RQvjUvT/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Maintain a clear acrylic nail and stamp on your favorite design. If you’re new to nail art, this would be a great set to practice your handiness with the striper brush and dotting tool. A clear base is easy to transform into any look you want with no regard whether you’re using warm or cool tones, or mattes or glitters.
22. Modern Manicure[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B-SfQNin9-q/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Get abstract with your design and play around with what you could do with negative space, gold foil, and a striper brush. This piece of art deserves a spot in the museum.
23. Bridal Beauty[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B-H1kLzpGhh/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Church aisle or fashion runway? Either way, these nails were designed to elevate your style.
Check out Kristina’s tutorial on short coffin nails to get you started:
I hope this inspires your bravery and artistry, and prepares you to level up your nail game! Like brows frame the face, nails frame our hands. Unbeknownst to us, hands and nails are one of the most noticeable parts of the body because of how frequently we use them.
There are simple to extravagant ways to wear short coffin nails, but the best way to wear them is with confidence. Graduate from your round, single color nails and take coffin nails for a spin.
Did you nail your coffin nails? Let us know in the comments section below! We’d love to hear from you.
- How To Fix A Broken Nail At Home Using Household Items
- How To Safely Remove Press On Nails At Home
- 11 Cool Ideas To Pull Off Glitter Lips For Your New Makeup Look
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!