Color corrector products would’ve been the last thing I would worry about in the grand scheme of life, but all of a sudden, we are in a lockdown situation. How about your hair color that has started becoming brassy, dull, and has started turning into a different color?
We all know that coloring your hair means months of proper care and maintenance, depending on the color applied.
Aside from drying and dullness that happens with color-treated hair, we also need to watch out for the color fading of the pigment. Luckily, hair experts have created color correcting products that we can readily use at home.
Here are some of the best color corrector products out in the market. I’ve listed one for any possible hair color because blonde isn’t the only hair color out there.
Color Corrector Products to the Rescue
1. Kerastase Blond Absolu Anti-Brass Purple Shampoo $35[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fFEgyAwEV/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This is a favorite among blondes. This ultra-violet color corrector combats any yellow tones on the hair and keeps it from looking brassy. It also formulated with Hyaluronic Acid known to increase hair growth and thickness, helping to keep your hair strong.
2. Matrix So Silver Color Corrector Shampoo $14
Another product that helps neutralize yellow tones on the hair is the Matrix Total Result So Silver Shampoo. It’s perfect for any kind of blonde it doesn’t hurt your pocket too.
3. Rita Hazan True Color Ultimate Shine Gloss $26
This Rita Hazan Ultimate Shine Gloss is definitely is on a different level altogether. Use on dull hair that needs brightening of faded colors.
It immediately picks up the color and makes it look vibrant and glossy. Whether you’re blonde, brunette, redhead, or even raven-haired you’ll find this product amazing.
4. IGK Mixed Feelings Leave-In Brunette Toning Drops Color Corrector $29
Who said yellow tones happen to blondes only? Brunettes experience the same kind of color turning as well except mostly it turns into a sickly brass to orange.
This leave-in color corrector formula can be mixed with any shampoo or conditioner to keep your brown hair looking brand new. You can even put it in with a styling product. How awesome is that?
5. Matrix Dark Envy Green Toning Color Corrector Shampoo $26[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAFbGYNBShL/ hidecaption=true width=800]
No matter what color you put on your hair, if it’s not the natural color, it will fade. So this green toning shampoo corrector is amazing because it’s for dark hair with red tones, like your mahogany or your burgundy colors.
By neutralizing the red tones, which sometimes show up brighter than we expected on hair, the dark base appears more vibrant, rich, and even healthier. While this does leave a stain it is removed after a few washes.
It also goes without saying that this can be used to tone down red-colored hair.
6. Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo ($16.99)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BtGkDiEHShB/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Joico is famous in the hair color industry for being a reliable consumer brand. The Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo’s tone-correcting properties make sure that your blonde hair color will remain vibrant and shiny.
7. Sachajuan Silver Shampoo ($28)
What’s amazing about this product is its UV protection! It does not only help neutralize the yellowness of your hair it gives the extra protection you need. Remember, you can be exposed to UV rays even if you’re not out and about.
8. Clairol Shimmer Lights Blonde & Silver Shampoo ($10.49)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_V5tgch0BA/ hidecaption=true width=800]
This is one of the most famous color correcting products in the market. Why? Simple, it’s affordable yet effective. I’ve personally tried this when I had my hair bleached and I love it. The effect is instant, it gets rid of the brassiness fast without a fuss.
9. L’Oréal Paris Ever Pure Blonde Shampoo ($7)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkOhHWHHl3/ hidecaption=true width=800]
I love how drugstore brands are coming up with hair products that are normally for professional’s use. L’Oréal never fails to deliver.
While I haven’t tried this one, I’ve heard really great things about it, and hey for $7 what more can you ask for, right? Oh, did we mention, it’s sulfate-free too!
10. OGX Hydrate & Tone Reviving & Lavender Luminescent Platinum Shampoo ($6)
This is by far the cheapest color-correcting hair shampoo that we have recommended. For $6 you’ll get to maintain your hair color and rid it with brassiness.
Hopefully, your hair color hasn’t turned yet. Either way, there are quite a few color corrector products you can turn to. Just remember to use the proper color neutralizer on the color you want to neutralize. Yellow colors are neutralized by purple, orange colors are neutralized by blue, and red tones are neutralized by green.
Just in case you needed a little reminder.
What’s your favorite color corrector product for the hair? We’d love to hear what you have to say. Share it in the comments below!
- Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo & Other Best Products To Protect Your Hair From Damage
- 10 Breathtaking Silver Hair Colors For Stylish Women Who Are Also Funky
- 7 Gorgeous Matte Lipsticks You Should Have In Your Makeup Bag
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!