Did you botch your DIY hair color or you simply got tired of your current dye and you want it removed? A trip to the salon can easily solve your problem. But, we all know that’s not possible right now. Easy! You can simply purchase a box hair color remover online and do it yourself at home.
Not only will this save you money it’s also a great learning experience that you can do even after the pandemic is over.
Important Note: Color removal or correcting products can be inconsistent. Thus, it is always best to consult a professional colorist.
Meanwhile, if you can’t wait and you really want to remove or correct your hair color then here are the best available in the market.
Hair Color Removers to Help Rid of Your Unwanted Dye
1. Color Oops Hair Color Remover $12
This brand is one of the most trusted at-home hair color remover products. While this will not replace a professionally done process, it does the job well. 20 minutes and you’re done.
The cruelty-free semi-permanent/permanent dye remover is formulated without bleach and ammonia. Instead, it is enriched with aloe vera and soy protein that help condition and restructure your hair.
Additionally, Color Oops is also great in correcting the green tint from your blonde-colored hair.
2. One ‘n Only Colorfix Hair Remover $13
The One ‘n Only Colorfix Hair Remover is a simple system that only requires three steps. It allows you to do a complete or slight color removal depending on your needs.
Yet, please take note that this product is specifically created to remove permanent hair color and might not be as effective when used for semi-permanent hair dye.
This does not contain harmful chemicals such as ammonia, formaldehyde, or bleach.
3. Joico Hair Color Intensity Eraser $18[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxmu7VSjn-X/ hidecaption=true width=800]
The Joico Hair Color Intensity Eraser is a one-step process that gets the job done in just 30 minutes from application.
This product will work well on both permanent and semi-permanent hair color. What’s great is it doesn’t matter how long you’ve had your color, it will help you remove it.
This worry-free hair color remover also has keratin that will help strengthen your hair and keep it away from damage.
4. L’Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Hair Color Remover $12.99
Aside from its makeup products, L’oreal is also famous for its hair products. The giant beauty company made sure to provide its consumers with a salon-inspired hair color remover.
The L’Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Hair Color Remover will help rid of your unwanted permanent hair color. It will leave your tresses ready for a fresh new dye.
Don’t expect your hair to return to its original hair color though, instead, this product will prepare your hair for recoloring.
5. Sephora Collection Heat Activated Color Fader $10
The Sephora Collection Heat Activated Color Fader will not completely remove a dye. Instead, it’s purpose is to help fade semi-permanent color. It’s actually a great product to create that perfect pastel shade.
What to do:
- Apply the product to your hair.
- Cover with shower cap.
- Blow-dry for 10-15 minutes.
These extra steps are needed since it is heat activated after all.
6. Roux Clean Touch Hair Color Stain Remover $13[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh7oVg5g4qS/ hidecaption=true width=800]
While this particular product contains ammonia, it’s an absolute multi-tasker. It does not only remove the color from your hair it can also clean up skin stains from dyeing or even your clothes.
RELATED: 15 Ombre Hair Color Ideas
7. Revolution Pro Hair Colour Remover
This product will remove bold hues for:
- temporary hair color
Additionally, this nourishing hair color remover also rids your hair of color build-up. All the more, the Revolution Pro Hair Colour Remover is bleach-free and ammonia-free.
8. Scruples Color Delete Permanent Hair Color Remover
This is known to be heavy-duty. The permanent hair dye you’ve been worrying about is no match for this hair color remover.
The Scruples Color Delete comes with nourishing ingredients such as bamboo and avocado oil.
9. Ion Color Brilliance Color Corrector $12.19
The Ion Color Brilliance Color Corrector safely removes permanent hair dye making your tresses ready for a new color.
This will not restore your hair color to its original state but it will definitely get rid of build-up or dark spots.
10. Bleach London Washing Out Liquid $8
Hair experts Sam Teasdale and Alex Brownsell are the geniuses behind the Bleach London company. Make your hair color fade faster by replacing your regular shampoo with this product. This is best for semi-permanent colored-hair.
What to do:
- Use like how you would your regular shampoo.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water, preferably warm.
11. Superdrug Colour Rewind Hair Colour Remover $12
This hair color remover is effective both on permanent and semi-permanent colored-hair. Despite its pungent smell, Superdrug Colour Rewind gets the job done even without ammonia or bleach in its formulation.
12. Colour B4 Frequent Use Hair Colour Remover[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9ZJHNEBvjG/ hidecaption=true width=800]
Available in three variants, the Colour B4 Frequent Use Hair Colour Remover will surely have something suited for your needs.
- Regular Strength — for those with occasionally- colored light brown hair color.
- Extra Strength — for removing dark colors and color build-up.
- Frequent Use — comes with an extra bottle of conditioner, this is specifically for those with dry tresses who regularly color their hair.
A slight change in our appearance can make a big difference in our self-confidence. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and remove that old hair color and get a fresh new one!
Were you able to remove your hair color successfully? Maybe you can share your tips and tricks with us!
- 10 Healthy Hair Tips For Strong, Shiny Hair
- How To Cut Your Own Hair At Home Without Ruining It
- 10 Korean Skin Care Products to Add to Your Beauty Regimen
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!