Anyone can have a perfect DIY manicure if you know a few manicure hacks. Keep on reading to learn the secret of beautiful nails with these DIY manicure hacks!
In this article:
- Manicure Hacks to Amaze You!
- Manicure Hacks | Fixing Broken Nails
- Manicure Hacks | Hot Oil Manicure
- Manicure Hacks | Nail Stains Removal
- Manicure Hacks | Gel Polish Remover
- Manicure Hacks | White Base For Neon Nail Art
- Manicure Hacks | Gel Manicure At Home
- Manicure Hacks | Newspaper Nail Art
- Manicure Hacks | Sharpie For Nail Art
- Manicure Hacks | Ombre Nails
- Manicure Hacks | Glitter Nails
- Manicure Hacks | No Gel Chrome Nails
- Manicure Hacks | Managing Long Nails
- Manicure Hacks | Avoid Nail Chipping
- Manicure Hacks | Perfect Nail Shape
- Manicure Hacks | Prepping Nails
Proven and Tested Manicure Hacks to Live By
Manicure Hacks to Amaze You!
You don’t need to be a nail artist to learn these beauty tips. You can even do these handy manicure hacks in the comforts of your home.
These easy manicure hacks will save you tons of money from going to a nail salon.
1. Manicure Hacks | Fixing Broken Nails
Chipped nails are a big no, especially if you want a fancy nail art or a french manicure. You only need a brush, acrylic powder and liquid, and a clear nail polish for a base coat finish.
Here’s how to fix your broken nails before getting a fancy manicure.
2. Manicure Hacks | Hot Oil Manicure
Your hands and nails need all the TLC, so pamper and give it nourishment. Hot oil manicure is a good relaxing treatment.
Here’s how to prepare this at-home beauty hack:
- Take equal parts of olive, castor, jojoba, and grapeseed oils with Vitamin E, and heat for 10 seconds. Set this aside.
- Soak your hands in warm water for five minutes.
- Rub lime on your nails to clean and disinfect them.
- Apply the mixture to the nails and nail beds.
3. Manicure Hacks | Nail Stains Removal
Removing nail stains is one of the essentials of proper nail care.
To remove any nail stains, all you need are toothpaste and a nail brush (or an old toothbrush). Apply toothpaste on your nails and brush them clean.
If there are any stains left, you have to repeat the process.
4. Manicure Hacks | Gel Polish Remover
Gel nail polish is amazing, lasting up to three weeks! But removing them is another story.
You need not go to the salon, though, and damage your nails in the process. There’s an easy way to do it at home.
Check this full tutorial on how to remove gel nail polish.
5. Manicure Hacks | White Base For Neon Nail Art
We know white is a good base for any nail art there is. But did you know that having a white nail polish base makes a neon nail art more vibrant?
White makes the neon color look more alive without the need to apply tons of coats.
6. Manicure Hacks | Gel Manicure At Home
Do you want a gel manicure but don’t have the time to go to the nail salon?
You can do it in your home with a gel nail polish kit. A gel nail polish kit is a good investment.
Check this DIY tutorial on how to do gel manicure at home.
7. Manicure Hacks | Newspaper Nail Art
Apply white nail polish as a base coat. Cut the big letters from the newspaper, then soak them in alcohol using tweezers.
Place the wet cut-outs on your nails until the images stick. Finish with top coat.
8. Manicure Hacks | Sharpie For Nail Art
Don’t limit yourself to using plain or glitter nail polish.
Here’s a nail paint hack you can use for your nail art: Sharpies!
These multi-colored markers are so easy to handle. It will also give you the flexibility to design the nail art you want.
Check out these Sharpie nail art hacks and prepare to get blown away!
9. Manicure Hacks | Ombre Nails
Ombre nails is another nail hacks art that’s super popular these days. Did you know that to achieve this effect is with the help of a sponge?
Dab the sponge painted with layers of colors onto the nails to get the design. Here’s an ombre nail art you can definitely do!
10. Manicure Hacks | Glitter Nails
Don’t you hate it when you apply glitter polish on your nails and they make a mess all over the place? Well, there’s a surefire way to fill your nails nice with glitter.
All you’ll need is a small makeup sponge, and you’ll have the best glitter manicure ever!
11. Manicure Hacks | No Gel Chrome Nails
Gel polish is the best base for chrome nails. If you can’t get your hands on them, then use normal polish for the base.
Maintaining its mirror effect can get a bit tricky. No worries, though, because you can use a water-based top coat to keep that shine going.
12. Manicure Hacks | Managing Long Nails
Coffin and stiletto nails are simply sexy. Yet it’s hard to maintain them, especially when daily routine calls for much use of your fingers.
No fear when you can use random objects to your benefit. There are several ways to move around without damaging your nails.
Using your knuckles and tweezers to pick stuff up, even cards to scoop things with is a sure fab girl manicure hack!
13. Manicure Hacks | Avoid Nail Chipping
Chipped nails are one of the most annoying things any nail enthusiast will face. Good thing there are ways to avoid it as much as possible.
If you have some extra cha-ching to spare get yourself a gel or shellac manicure. It will make it last for weeks without chipping.
Or you can also follow these tips instead. They might not last as long as the gel manicure but you can enjoy them up to a week longer than the usual.
You only need to find the best base coat and top coat.
14. Manicure Hacks | Perfect Nail Shape
Good-looking nails start with the perfect nail shape. Round shape has smooth edges while the square has well-defined ones.
You can combine the two shapes for a more natural-looking shape. They are great for those with short nails.
Don’t like short nails? If you prefer long nails or have long fingers, the oval shape is perfect.
Stilettos, edge, and pipe are also great for those who want to make their fingers and nails look longer.
15. Manicure Hacks | Prepping Nails
Prepping your nails before putting on nail polish is super easy! Clean your nails first with a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover.
When done, push back your cuticles with a cuticle pusher. It will reveal the white crescents at the base of your fingernails.
Shape the hangnails using an emery board. Next, proceed to clip the nails to the length of your choice.
Using the emery board, shape and smoothen the rough edges and buff the surface of the nails. Finally, apply rubbing alcohol to remove excess oils.
These hacks are life-savers especially to girls who love taking care of their nails. Share these manicure hacks with your girlfriends, they would love to know them as well!
Are you ready to put these beauty hacks to the test? Do share your thoughts in the comments section below!
- DIY | Fun Gel Nails At Home Perfect For No Makeup Look
- 27 Nail Hacks Every Woman Should Know
- Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial For Blue Eyes
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy!
Originally posted on April 3, 2018 @ 3:00 AM