Admit it lovelies, we all need some Snapchat filter makeup tutorial! The advent of social media had many of us scrambling to use the app as it’s an absolutely fun way to make ourselves pretty.
Fun Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial You Need To Do
The last New York Fashion Week took things up the notch as it had us on the edge when it showcased Snapchat couture. All the looks presented were fun and very far from the cartoonish kind you see on the app. The looks were just so polished and gorgeous that many have been inspired to recreate them. If you still haven’t tried this fad, here’s an easy Snapchat filter makeup tutorial you need in your life.
Whenever I think about translating Snapchat filters in real life, the term whimsical always come into mind. There’s something so creative, amusing, and quaint about them. I’ve been obsessing about those filters right after I watched Desigual’s NYFW show. I know many of you are crazy about it too!
This awesome Snapchat filter makeup tutorial gives us the low down on how to create even the accessories needed for each look. Go ahead and check it out:
Butterfly Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial
Probably one of the most popular Snapchat filters around:
- Using a single butterfly template, trace and cut 8-10 butterflies from yellow paper.
- Add subtle markings on each butterfly’swings and the butterfly body; you can use markers or paint in a shade of tan or pale orange. Once dry, attach adhesive rhinestones to your butterflies for added sparkle.
- Fold each of the butterfly wings so the flat pieces of paper take on that butterfly flutter.
- Using a hot glue gun, attach the center of each butterfly to a bobby pin. Let cool.
- Style you hair like the nature girl you’re about to become.
- Clip the butterflies around the crown of your head using a random pattern, as though they just casually landed there.
- Add some glitter to your skin as though you just emerged from a magical forest.
Puppy Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial
How cute is this Snapchat filter? Create one by following the instructions:
- Build your puppy ears using plush brown and pink fabric, formed on a wire frame and mounted to a headband. Or for the less crafty folk, look online or in costume shops to find a set of ears to buy.
- For the makeup, start with some blush to give yourself a rosy-cheeked look.
- Outline your puppy nose and snout shapes using a white eyeliner pencil.
- Using light brown face paint (eyeliner or eyeshadow can work in a pinch), shade in the snout shape to be darker around the edges with lighter highlights closer to your own nose.
- Using a darker brown color, shade in your puppy nose, leaving a bright highlight to accentuate the snout.
- Add some puppy freckles on your cheeks. (Optional puppy tongue) We’ve seen the puppy filter recreated authentically with the tongue added, and a modified version with the tongue left out.
- To create the tongue, stare straight ahead and outline a long tongue shape that extends onto your neck.
- Color the shape in with a light red face paint. Add a darker center line and white highlights to add a three-dimensional appearance.
- Put it all together with your puppy ears to rock the canine cuteness.
Fawn Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial
Put your hightlighting and contouring prowess to the test:
- Start with a uniform layer of foundation. Add contouring by using a dual-ended foundation stick.
- Using the lighter tone, add highlights under the eyes, along the cheekbones and your T-zone.
- Use the darker tone (1-2 shades deeper than your usual shade) to contour under the cheekbones and along the hairline.
- For your eyes, start by filling in your brows as usual. Use a neutral, earth-tone eyeshadow to color your lids.
- Shape eyes using a black gel liner and a slanted silicone applicator. Draw a graduated winged liner and extend the inner corner a few centimeters.
- Optional: False lashes can add to your fluttery doe appearance.
- Blend white grease makeup just below each eye to brighten up the look, and line the lower waterline with a white eyeliner pencil.
- Create the deer’s white spot markings along the highlighted areas of your face – cheekbones, across the bridge of the nose and the top of the forehead.
- To create the deer’s nose, use black grease makeup to color the very bottom of the nose and around the nostrils. This shading can vary based on your nose size and shape.
- For your lips, add black lipstick to the top lip only. Complete the rosy look with pink gloss on the bottom lip.
- Now that your makeup is done, style your hair or put on a wig with a wavy bob or pixie cut.
- Add a headband that is outfitted with deer ears and antlers.
- Your fawn-fashion look is now Snapchat ready!
Flower Crown Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial
One of the more flattering Snapchat filters is the flower crown filter. Here’s how to do it:
- You’ll need a couple colors of paper to create the layered flowers in this flower crown – yellow, pale, yellow, white, pink and green.
- Using white, pale yellow or pink paper stack three sheets of the same color together and cut a petal shape with about 8-10 petals.
- Slightly rotate each layer of the cut flowers to fill in the spaces. Lightly fold the upper layers to create depth.
- Cut a yellow circle that will be the flower’s center and adhere all of the layers together.
- Repeat for remaining flowers.
- Using green paper, cut leaf shapes that can be arranged among your flowers. Note: Instead of making paper flowers, you can also collect some similarly-styled artificial flowers to create a similar effect.
- Build your crown by using a headband or a ribbon that can be tied at the nape of your neck under your hair.
- Create a tight flower arrangement with petals and leaves overlapping, and adhere it together.
- For your face makeup, use a lighter-toned foundation and add a soft pink blush to the apple of your cheeks to create a luminous look.
- Add brightening powder to the bridge of your nose and brow. Use a light pink shimmery gloss your lips.
- Use a light pink shimmery gloss for your lips.
- Put on your newly-made crown and you’ll feel like a flower child in this real-life Snapchat filter that debuted during Coachella.
Zebra Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial
The Zebra Snapchat filter look is achieved by creating bold, graphic lines around the eyes and chin.
- The bold look of zebra stripes works on the runway, and it works for a night out at the clubs.
- This modified zebra does not paint the skin to white. Instead, the bold black stripes are added over your skintone for a half-animal, half-person mash-up.
- Start by evening out your skin tone with foundation. Add lighter-tone highlights to the bridge of your nose and the apple of your cheeks.
- Use black face paint (or eyeliner) to create a darkly shaded cat eye, filling nearly to your brow. Frame the eyes with a crisp upturn at your temples and a sharp downturn at your nose.
- Use bold calligraphic strokes to create two lines — one on each cheek — that mirror the swoop of your eyes.
- Add a geometric triangular stroke starting below the lip line and extending beyond the bottom curve of the chin.
- Leave lips bare, and practice your wild animal stare.
Rhinestone Glam Snapchat Filter Makeup Tutorial
This Snapchat filter might actually have you buying stick-on rhinestones to create the effect similar to the real one. Read the instructions as follows:
- Add some sparkle to your style by gathering a collection of multicolored rhinestones.
- Using a lighter-tone foundation, brighten up skin along cheek bones, brow and bridge of nose. Set with powder.
- Add some shimmery eyeshadow. Outline eyes with a smokey black liner Optional ultra glam: Add a pair of fake eyelashes to further accentuate your eyes.
- Use gemstone rhinestones and affix in a pattern around your eyes using eyelash glue. Tweezers can be helpful with positioning the stones.
- Use a hot pink lipstick to complete the 1980s-inspired bedazzled glam look.
Check out a full makeup tutorial on the Butterfly filter by Ogle School below:
You’ll definitely impress everyone with these awesome Snapchat filter makeup looks, even though compared to the mobile app, this is more time consuming, it’s definitely worth the effort if you factor in the fun and the bragging rights.
Are you all set to do this look? Which Snapchat filter makeup tutorial would you like to recreate? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. Here are more tutorials you would absolutely be thrilled to recreate.
Featured Image via ABC