Ladies, we’ve got Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial and various hairstyles guaranteed to make his eyes glued to you the whole date! Today’s look is all about subtle sexiness—perfect for Feb. 14!
In this article:
A Romantic Valentine’s Day Makeup Tutorial
Preparations for Valentine’s Day
A Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial need not be expensive! We’re days away from February 14, and love is filling the air.
Reservations in romantic restaurants are being booked. Flower shops are busy creating their floral arrangements. And ladies are searching for their Valentine’s Day outfits, shoes to match, and Valentine’s Day makeup look to put on for one of the most special date nights of the year!
Are you excited as I am, ladies? Then, you’re in luck!
We’ve got Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial that will take his breath away.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Triangle Foundation Brush 101
- Setting powder
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107
Step 1: Apply Foundation
Put on your favorite foundation and blend it all over your face, making sure to reach all the nooks and crannies. The Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation has moderate coverage and is very buildable, so it’s one of our beauty faves.
Step 2: Put on Concealer
It’s best to use a lighter shade under the eyes, and the same shade as your skin tone for the rest of your other spots. Don’t forget to blend these in to erase any harsh lines.
Step 3: Dust on Setting Powder
Zoella used a powder with color on her video, but we recommend to use a colorless one such as the RCMA powder. It’s one of our affordable go-to products!
Step 4: Put a Bit of Bronzer
Dust on a bit of bronzer underneath your cheekbones. Doing so gives your face a bit of depth and dimension for a more thinner-looking face this Valentine’s Day night.
Step 5: Dust on Blush
Since this Valentines’ Day makeup tutorial features a subtle sexiness look, you won’t need a lot of blush on your cheeks. A few light strokes are enough to give you a natural-looking flush.
Step 6: Apply Eyeshadow
Pick neutral shades to place on your eyes. Apply the base and then dab on a bit of highlight on your inner corners and underneath the brow bone.
Finish off your eyeshadow by popping a darker shade on the crease. If you’d like, you can even put a darker shade to define the crease further.
Step 7: Draw on Eyeliner
Repeat this with me, ladies: “I will perfect my eyeliner wing.”
The secret to getting your wing right is to follow your bottom lash line going up. It’s an easier alternative because you’d already have a guide using your eyes.
Step 8: Apply Mascara
Since this Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial is all about subtle sexiness, we’d recommend skipping the falsies. Instead, swipe on your favorite mascara.
Bat those eyelashes, girls!
Step 9: Fill Your Brows
Did you know that you can use eyeshadow to fill in your brows? It’s one of our tricks for having natural-looking brows.
Step 10: Swipe on a Lippie
Finish off your Valentine’s Day image with a dark red lip color. Your lips are the focus of today’s Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial, ladies.
So, pick a shade you feel most confident in. We recommend choosing a matte lipstick to help the color stay in place for the whole date.
Different Hairstyles That Match Your Makeup Look
It’s understandable that your Valentine’s Day makeup look is a top priority on your romantic date, but your hairstyle should also perfectly match it. Here are some of the hairstyles you can try:
1. Undone Waves
Its cool but undone texture gives this hairstyle a different approach that can add to that “subtle sexiness” you want to create on February 14.
How to do it:
- Separate your hair in the middle.
- Use a sea salt hair spray to control excess oil on your hair and improve its look.
- Blow-dry your hair and then start adding horizontal blends down your hair with a flat iron.
- Spiral curl the hair near the roots.
- Gently pull apart hair sections stuck together.
2. Knotty Fishtail
If you have medium-length hair, this hairstyle is perfect for you! It creates a sexy but cute finished look, just a perfect match to your makeup for Valentine’s Day.
How to do it:
- Curl your hair with a curling iron to achieve that messy yet clean wavy look.
- Part your hair in the middle and braid a section on one side of your head.
- Tie the braid’s end with an elastic hair tie and braid the hair on the other side of the head, tying its end again with an elastic.
- Bring both braided hairs together at the center back of your head and tie them in a knot.
- Tie the hair knot again using bobby pins.
- Remove both hair ties on the end of the braids when you pin the knot.
- Allow the ends of the braided hair to fall straight.
3. Curly Chignon
Embrace your naturally curly hair with this Valentine’s Day hairstyle! It’s a simple updo that brings sophistication to not just your hair but also to your Valentine’s makeup look.
How to do it:
- Put hair oil to your hair to soften fly-aways and give shine.
- Divide hair into four sections and clip them.
- Begin styling at the section near the back of the neck.
- Hold one section out, fold it over, tuck the ends into the hair, and pin.
- Repeat the styling on the section above the section you just styled and fold the hair the opposite way.
- Pick any of the unfolded sections and divide the chosen one into two sections.
- Fold the lay one over the other and then fold them across your head, tucking and pinning the ends.
- Use the last section to lay over the top and fold across the hair, tucking and pinning the ends.
- Spray with a hair spray to make sure everything is in place.
Note: You can loosen some hair strands on the sides of the face for a more casual but sexy look.
4. Looped Pony
For ponytail lovers out there, here’s one for you! This hairstyle provides an elegant and creative twist on the traditional ponytail.
How to do it:
- Separate hair at the bottom into two parts and twist those outwards.
- Knot these pieces together at the scalp base.
- Pull your hair to allow the knot to reach your head and repeat the knot.
- Pick one section, the shorter one, tuck it, and then pin to secure the hairstyle.
5. Half-up Twist Braid
— Hair&MakeupByKandice (@HairbyKandice) June 21, 2017
Here’s another chic style of braiding hair that’s excellent for your Valentine’s Day makeup look! It creates a simple yet luxurious effect that complements your overall look.
How to do it:
- Get a small hair section on either front side of the head and twist it.
- Piece apart the section.
- Repeat the previous steps and achieve three twisted hair sections, pinning each of them at the center of the back of the head.
- Braid a small hair section on the other front side of the head and pull the braid sections apart.
- Pin the braided hair, overlapping the twisted hair sections.
6. Wrapped Bun
This updo can be a perfect pair for any type of look you want to achieve this February 14. It’s a low bun hairstyle that gives you a modern and sassy result.
How to do it:
- Separate several thick strands at the top of your head and brush these sections.
- Pull down your hair into a low ponytail.
- Fluff up the divided sections of your hair.
- Tie the low ponytail to keep it in place.
- Separate your ponytail into two sections and tease the upper half.
- Flip the lower half over the upper half.
- Wrap the bun with your hair and pin in place.
7. Sweet Heart Style
Recreating Valentine’s Day using your hair does not only make you unique but also stunningly pretty. This hairstyle is simple but creative to make.
How to do it:
- Separate your hair back, depending on where you want your hairline. The separation should be past your head’s crown.
- Begin braiding your hair where the part stops, forming it into a heart shape. Make sure the sides of the heart are even.
- Tie the ends of the braided hair with an elastic.
Want to see the full tutorial? Watch this video below from Zoella:
We sure hope you try our Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial and hairstyles, ladies! It’s one of our simplest Valentine’s makeup looks to date, but it’s also one of our favorites.
It’s a look that can go from day to night, whether you’re headed to a museum date or to a cozy and romantic dinner for two. We’re sure that this sexy and simple look will have him gaping at your beauty all night.
Looking for more Valentine’s makeup ideas? Click here for more Valentine’s Day makeup looks!
How do you plan to celebrate your Valentine’s Day? Share it with us in the comments section below!
- How To Cut Your Own Bangs And Not Regret It
- A Quick Guide To Reduce Puffy Eyes And Dark Circles- Whitney Marquise
- Witch Hazel Toner | How To Make Diy Skin Care Recipes
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on February 6, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.