Spring is in thanks to the resurgence of the neon eyeshadow trend. We have seen this look come and go over the last few years for good reason. In fact, we have seen this summer of last year and yet here we are, once again, jubilating in the fancy, bright colors we wish we could wear all year round.
If you think the neon eyeshadow look is hard to pull off on your own then I have the perfect wearable neon eyeshadow makeup tutorial for you. All you really need now is some sunshine in your attitude to match the brightness of this look.
Check out this tutorial by iluvsarahii and she’ll show you exactly how you can create a simple, neon makeup look to spice up your life in lockdown.
Neon Eyeshadow Makeup Look You Can Wear!
Products You’ll Need for the Neon Eyeshadow Makeup Tutorial:
For the Eyes:
- Eye Primer – P Louise Base In Rumor 05
- Transition Color – Fenty Beauty Private Island Bronzer
- Neon Eyeshadow Palette – Huda Beauty Neon Palette
- Eyeliner – Pat McGrath Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner
- Mascara – Toofaced Damn Girl Mascara
- Falsies – Baddie B lashes in Baddie
- Neon Eyeliner – Fenty Beauty Vivid LiquidLiner In Banana Blaze
For the Face:
- Foundation – Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Y365
- Concealer – Make Up For Ever Self-setting concealer Shade 22
- Setting Powder – MAC Studi0 Fix Powder
- Bronzer – Fenty Beauty Private Island Bronzer
- Face Mist – Glow Recipe Watermelon Mist
- Blush – Milano Baked Powder 05
- Highlighter – Maybelline Highlight Molten Gold
For the Lips:
- Lip Pencil – Morphe Lip Pencil In Bite Me and MAC Cork Lip Pencil
- Lip Gloss – KKW Gloss In Juicy
Step 1: Eye Base for Neon Eyeshadow
Sarah started this easy neon eyeshadow look with an eyeshadow base from P Louise. She swept it all over the entire lid in the shade Rumour 05. Applying an eyeshadow base is to make sure that the eyeshadow pigments have longevity on your skin and to creasing as much as possible.
Step 2: Transition
The next one is to color in along the crease area with the transition color. You don’t always have to strictly use eyeshadow as transition color, the Fenty Beauty Private Island bronzer is applied to the crease area to lightly warm up her eyes.
Step 3: Matte White
The next thing to put is a matte white eyeshadow right in the center of the lid blending towards the inner corner of the eyes. This is going to serve as a white base underneath the neon eyeshadow to make the colors brighten up and pop out.
Step 4: Neon Green on Inner Corner
Using the Huda Beauty Neon Green Obsessions palette, pick up the lighter green shadow and apply it to the inner corner of the eye using a small brush. Make sure that you blend the colors towards the center lid but not all the way through.
After that is done, pick up the deeper neon green color and place it on top of the light green shadow, concentrating on the inner corner of the eye and blending it towards the center of the lid and stopping right before you get to the center. This will intensify the color and enhance that pop that makes this look stand out.
Step 5: Cat Eye Liner
The next step in the process is using a liquid eyeliner. Draw a winged eyeliner that extends outward and sweeps above the outer corner of the eyes. Creating a sexy flick on the wings of the eye is the Pat McGrath Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner.
Remember to go in a really thin line from the inner corner extending to the skin just below the tear duct area to create a more cat-eye look. This line creates a beautiful contrast against the neon eyeshadow and makes the look more interesting.
Step 6: Mascara and Lash
Apply a generous amount of volumizing and lengthening mascara to your upper and lower lashes. A full set of wispy lashes like Baddie B lashes in Baddie will take this look from edgy to glam as demonstrated in this tutorial.
Step 7: Neon Wings
Create neon accents on the wing of your eyeliner by lightly lining a neon yellow color under the wing and over it with both lines meeting at the tip. The Fenty Beauty Vivid Liquid Eyeliner in Banana Blaze is the product of choice for today’s tutorial.
Step 8: Face Base
After you’ve achieved the eye look make sure to perfect your base by using a matte foundation with the right shade match to your skin tone. Sarah used the Make Up For Ever concealer to highlight the high planes of the face and to spot correct in certain areas.
Also featured in this tutorial is the Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin in shade Y365 used as foundation all over the face.
Step 9: Sculpt
Do not forget to sculpt your face by using either a bronzer or contour color. Sarah used the Fenty bronzer that she used on her eye transition color to sculpt her face. She created a warm shadow under the jawline on the hollows of her cheeks, including her nose line.
Create a warm flush by applying a coral blush on the apples of the cheeks with a light dusting of highlighter on the upper part of the cheeks.
Step 10: Neutral Lips
For the lips, she created a gradient brown lip color by lining the lips with brown lip pencil using both Morphe Lip Pencil In Bite Me and MAC Cork Lip Pencil. Make sure to blend the colors towards the center of the lips. Sarah also topped it off with a nude gloss, in this case, the KKW Gloss In Juicy to finish off the look.
Here is her final look:
Finally, you can check out this easy neon eyeshadow makeup look video tutorial of iluvsarahii:
Now that you have an idea on how to create your own neon eyeshadow look, here is some inspirational makeup up look so you too can create a look that is completely yours.
More Neon Makeup Ideas You Can Copy!
1. Neon Art Deco
@ashleykaylamakeupNeon! @full products listed on my instagram ##neon ##eyeshadow ##neonliner ##graphicliner ##eyeshadowtutorial♬ Dirty Harry – Gorillaz
I love this art deco look put together by ashleykaylamakeup. By mixing the colors, a beautiful balance is achieved. The simple wash and placement of neon color on the eyeliner also create an edgy yet very casual look.
2. Back to Pink[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CADCxX8JVJh/ hidecaption=true width=800] I’m sure one way or another, as makeup lovers, we all have a penchant for pink pigments. This neon pink eyeshadow look by Finola is a usual technique but the result is a beautiful play on neon pink pigment.
3. Kendall Green
Let’s take the cue from the beautiful Kendall Jenner who is wearing a neon eyeliner paired with flirty, bombshell curls. I love how simple and minimalist this look is but, of course, on Kendall Jenner’s face, it’s divine!
4. Gradient Pink Graphic Eye[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CACnEEZAzPs/ hidecaption=true width=800] How awesome is this look created by Beautyme? It’s not only artsy but also technically, quite difficult to achieve.
5. Yellow Is Gold[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CADoW3wjS6m/ hidecaption=true width=800] This neon yellow shadow and eyeliner look is beautifully executed by Chaleen Deed. I love how simple it is but also interesting enough to keep everyone looking. Definitely a statement.
6. Neon Glowing Art
@colleen.makeuppthis was intense ##foryoupage ##makeup ##ukfashion ##ukvlog ##eyeshadow ##foryou ##featureme ##makeupchallenge ##mua ##mue ##eyes ##blue ##neon♬ Yellow Hearts – Ant Saunders
It’s definitely not hard to get creative with neon eyeshadow colors. Keep it loud by making it glow in the dark just like how colleen.makeup did it on this look. This unique graphic eye look is a favorite of mine on this list.
7. Fit for a Kween[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-h9o0ByDE/ hidecaption=true width=800] Another favorite, if I may, is this awesome neon eye makeup on Rihanna. Such a perfect example of a Spring/Summer look we can all put on ourselves. I didn’t realize neon on neon colors would fly, but even Rihanna’s lips are in neon on this spread.
We hope you enjoyed this collection of neon eyeshadow makeup looks because we sure did.
Whatever you fancy just remember to have fun and don’t forget to share it on your social media so we can feature your work next time!
What’s your favorite neon makeup look from this list? We’d love to hear your thoughts! Share them in the comments section below.
- Throwback: The Worst 80’s Beauty Trends
- Euphoric Pastel Blue Eyeshadow Makeup Tutorial
- Kristen Bell & Other Celebs Show Off No Makeup Looks While On Lockdown
We aim to feature the best of the best in the makeup world, and maybe that can include you! CONTRIBUTE to us!